Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Konica Minolta (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/konica-minolta-26/)
-   -   Z2 plastic (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/konica-minolta-26/z2-plastic-27262/)

Maggie Jun 11, 2004 2:54 PM

I love the pictures the Z2 takes, but I am concerned about the plastic housing, especially the "door" for the batteries which seems rather flimsy and not very well attached. As I expect it will see heavy use, I'd feel better if it were sturdier. It is the one thing holding me back from purchasing this camera. Is this door/hinge stronger than I think it is?

Thanks,
Maggie

Kilbride Jun 11, 2004 5:33 PM

I also have the Z2 and have opened and closed the battery door many times with no problems. Before buying the camera I did a lot of research and while a number of people expressed a similar concern no one seem to have an actual problem with the Z1 or Z2. I guess it isjust a lot stronger than it appears.

Kilbride

murphyc Jun 11, 2004 5:52 PM

I've used my Z1 quite a bit, changing batteries and removing/putting the memory card back in at least a couple times a week. I've had no problems with either door. I'm just wondering how I keep getting scuff and swirl marks everywhere. :?

Puck M Jun 11, 2004 9:06 PM

I have a Z1 and as far as I'm concerned the so called "flimsy"plastic battery door is a non-issue. With reasonable care there is little chanceof breaking it.

MrE Jun 12, 2004 4:39 AM

yep same here, I have had no problems.

jackrussell Jun 12, 2004 4:47 AM

I read a few posts about the Z1 feeling a bit flimsy but I haven't read any about anything actually breaking so it seems to me that they're stronger than they look. :-)

Maggie Jun 12, 2004 7:29 AM

Thank you all for your reassurances. Are the differences between the Z1 and Z2 the megapixel count (3 vs 4) and something to do with the movie mode? The Z1 is significantly less expensive.

Puck M Jun 12, 2004 8:26 AM

Maggie wrote:
Quote:

Thank you all for your reassurances. Are the differences between the Z1 and Z2 the megapixel count (3 vs 4) and something to do with the movie mode? The Z1 is significantly less expensive.

In addition to the megapixel count the Z2 has a "GT" lens which is supposed to be an improvementover the Z1 lens (less chance of CA or purple fringing?). The Z2 can take movies at 800x600 where the largest format on the Z1 is 640x480. In movie mode, I believe you can also use the optical zoom along with sound on the Z2 which you cannot do on the Z1. If these differences are worth the extra money to you go for the Z2. I'm pleased with my Z1. These cameras arevery good values for the prices at which they can be purchased.

terza-rima Jun 14, 2004 11:44 AM

murphyc wrote:
Quote:

I'm just wondering how I keep getting scuff and swirl marks everywhere. :?
yeah thats bugging me to, if you breathe on this camera it shows up on yhe paint work

Rob M Jun 15, 2004 4:30 PM

no prolem here either , I'm very happy with this camera