Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jul 14, 2002, 4:28 AM   #1

Default D7 update

E-Photozine in the UK says the D7 uodate will be available from the end of August, but the camera has to be sent back to the service department. US press releases say it will be available on CD. Don't Minolta UK trust us? Not only that, knowing just how bad the UK postal system really is, I'll end up with no camera for weeks, or a crushed and battered camera, or no camera at all (as some thieving scally will nick it!).
David Crosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 14, 2002, 8:00 AM   #2

Default D7 Upgrade

it will be available on CD
elini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2002, 3:53 PM   #3

ref : misc forums- new technology D7 owners
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2002, 4:47 PM   #4

Default D7 upgrade

My point is that you guys in the USA will get the option to buy the CD and do it yourself, but here in the UK we will not. The official line here is that the camera has to go back, no option. It will take weeks, believe me. That's the way things work over here. If I order from the US the chances are that I'll have to pay import duty (8%) then the dreaded VAT (17.5%), and the CD will be broken to boot! AND I'll lose any UK based guarantees as well.
David Crosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2002, 7:26 PM   #5

have you contacted minolta UK directly and did you speak to a tech or product manager? Go to the source for the info. call their digital tech support. tell them about the situation. if its that bad. they should give you options.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2002, 7:28 PM   #6
NHL

An internal guy @ Minolta UK already post a letter on DPreview that the UK folks need to send their camera in for the warranty to be valid... Apparently some Minolta UK airheads are not in tune with the American system that the customer is king or the speed of the internet !!! (ie they try to sell V1.22 with the PCT-100 over here and now it's available for download)

[Edited on 7-14-2002 by NHL]
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote