Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jul 14, 2002, 12:38 PM   #1

Default any Dimage 5 owners / users here ?

Hi -- I was considering getting this camera (Minolta Dimage 5) and wanted to get users feedback, particularly on:
- quality of pictures
- ease-of-use (for intermediate photographer, but mostly with basic equipment)

Thanks in advance
cojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 14, 2002, 1:18 PM   #2

Default feedback

Dimage 7i

it a growth camera.

[Edited on 7-14-2002 by sjms]
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2002, 1:23 PM   #3

Default meaning ??

meaning it can grow-with-you, or is it one that you must-grow-into ??

Looks great on paper, and the demo shots look pretty good.
cojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2002, 7:12 AM   #4

Hi Cojones,

I own and use a Dimage 5 for almost a year now. I had before a HP618 for a half a year and although good photogtaphic results, hadn't been satisfied due to it's "Point and shot" nature, and changing parameters only through manue which makes it all very complicated and un attractive.
I've always complained that I need the functions to be operated by buttons rather than by a manue.
Ever since heard about the Dimage 5 and purchased it, I've just got back the joy and fun of photos shoting. All the major and important functions are easy and instant to operate and there are almost everything a photographer might need, but that already is famous.
Photos comeout great. colors, very natural, lack suturation though so I compensate by +1 and if needed I add suturation with the software.
The downsides, in my opinion are sometimes difficulties in auto focusing, especialy in poor light, and also the batteries weakens too fast to my taste but I solve the problem by carrying one or two spare pacages, and you can always buy alkaline onse if in shortage.
All in all, I honestly recommend this camera.

Best regards, baruch.
BarN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2002, 7:00 PM   #5

Just got a d5 and I just love it. The controls are easy to use and the quality is excellent. Just printed an 8 x 10 with the image saved in jpg and it was excellent. The only complaint is the af. It is sometimes slow and can give a false focus. Other than that a great camera.
ryeung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2002, 8:48 AM   #6

cojones,
I am a current owner of a D5 (as my first digicam) and am considering moving up, so if you haven't purchased your D5 yet, drop me an email. [email protected] (remove the nospam first).

The only problem I have with my D5 is the autofocus. It doesn't always work perfectly and can be slow at time, but what camera does?
vjones is offline   Reply With Quote