Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Dec 2, 2006, 8:23 PM   #1

I have a Konica Minolta Dimage A2. The firmware is the latest and is 1.12U. The default Image Size is 3264x2448 but I would like the default to be 3264x2176. Can the default be permanently changed? If I set the Exposure Mode Dial from "Auto" to M, S, A or P; the Image Size stays at 3264x2176 which is what I want. However, if later; I change the Exposure Mode Dial from "M" to "Auto" or from "S" to "Auto" or from "A" to "Auto, or from "P" to "Auto"; the Image Size reverts back to 3264x2448, which I do not want. :sad: I want the Image Size to always stay at 3264x2176 unless I choose to change it. I have tried Sony but they have not responded to my E-mails.:sad:

Thank You.

retiredrhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 3, 2006, 1:48 PM   #2
Administrator

Don't use Green Auto. ;-) You don't really need it since you have a P mode.

It's not uncommon for a manufacturer to always revert to factory defaults when changing to Auto mode. This is likely to keep novice users from making settings changes that negatively impact their images, so that they can always count on "Auto" to give consistent results, despite their tinkering.

Try P (Programmed Auto) mode instead and see if it retains your image size settings. I don't know if it will or not (but, I'd be surprised if it didn't).

P mode is designed to give you the benefits of Auto, while allowing you to make more changes (including the ability to quickly choose alternative Aperture/Shutter speed combinations).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2006, 10:54 AM   #3

The current firmware is 1.14.
Your imae size if set properly should not change simply because you chose Auto. Auto is an exposure setting which has nothing to do with the file type (RAW, RAW+JPEG, JPEG) or size.
Willrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2006, 11:02 AM   #4

Jim, Thanks - your advice was right on the money!!!

Old Dec 5, 2006, 11:45 AM   #5

WillRob, Yes, 1.14 is the latest and I'veinstalled it. After further reading of my manual, I discovered on Page 52, that setting the Exposure-mode dial to "Auto" resets a number of functions to their defaults to include "Image Size".Not usingthe dial setting "Auto" and using"P" as the primary setting resolves this problem. Thank you for your reply!