Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Dec 4, 2006, 8:55 PM   #1

I have just purchased an AC adapter from Sound and Sight for my Dimage 7hi[*]110V AC Switching Type Power Adapter [/*][*]6Volt 2.1A DC Output [/*]
I removed the batteries and connected the adapter but all ididgetwas the blinking icon showing the batteries as being discharged.

Any ideas?

Thank you

sicanu53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 4, 2006, 10:04 PM   #2

Check to make sure the polarity is correct. When the external power is applied, there is a switch which disconnects the batteries, so it isn't necessary to remove them. (you also cannot charge them in-camera because of this)

The voltage and current ratings are very close to what the camera actually uses, but surge currents when starting up can be somewhat heavier. I had this problem when making a power supply for mine, and had to add a small capacitor at the PS outputs. I think the problem is caused by the load changing too fast for the supply to keep up. This causes the camera to shut down for low voltage.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2006, 10:39 PM   #3

As far as the polarity is concerned i will check it, although the item is being sold as an exact replacement for the original minolta AC Adapter.

I am not sure I follow the rest of your explanation regarding the load.

Could you clarify it ?

Thank you
sicanu53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2006, 9:22 PM   #4

My D7 woks with 6V setting, but my D7i need the 6.6V setting to work:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=20
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2006, 9:28 PM   #5

When the camera starts up, there are several things happening - displays turning on, focus motor starting, etc. This means a rapidly changing load. If the power supply doesn't have enough reserve capacity, or is unable to respond quickly enough, the voltage will drop below the setting the camera sees as too low to operate. The 7hi shuts off really quickly when this occurs.

Best thing to do is have the voltage checked under operating conditions with an oscilloscope.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote