Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jun 27, 2003, 5:04 PM   #1

Default problem with USB on minolta S414 !!!!!!!

hi all,
just got my S414 this week. i cant upload the pic to my laptop using winxp pro. really scared !!! dont know whats going on. i have read the manual but nothing helpful there. anyone have the same problem? i appreciate any reply, please !!!
Artanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 28, 2003, 12:33 AM   #2

Can you be a bit more specific?
Do you get any sort of error message?
Does the camera just sits there or lights blink or what?

Incidentally, I use a Compact Flash (CF) adapter to download my pictures from the CF card after I remove it from the camera. This saves the camera battery, and you don't have to worry about the cable except of course you now have to worry about the adapter. But I find it easier to tote the adapter around than a cable.

The adapters can be found at most computer stores or probably even Ritz camera for between $10-20.
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2003, 10:43 AM   #3

i just plug the camera and switch it to "transfer" mode. then start the computer. the camera screen appears "initializing USB connection" and about 30 seconds later, it turns off. thats it, no detection, nothing. well using a card reader is a not bad idea, but why spend more bucks while the camera could have its own USB connection?
Artanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2003, 6:17 AM   #4

Check if your camera's memory card is appearing as a removeable drive in your "My Computer"

If it is then usually, the card will have at least or two subdirectories that you have to search to see the images.

Did you say you connected your camera, then turned on your computer?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i just plug the camera and switch it to "transfer" mode. then start the computer.

If you are, you can actually plug in the camera while the computer is on. This will save some time.
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote