Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jul 3, 2003, 9:16 AM   #1

Default Use 7-Hi as live video body?

Is there a way to hook up the 7-Hi as a live video body? I mean, the machine shoots 60 secs. of video, but can it be wired up to just capture constantly? Thanks.
'sound
websounding is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 3, 2003, 10:58 AM   #2

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking, but I'll take a stab at what I think you're asking.

I've not used my D7i for video, but I have used my little Minolta S404 as a video camera by hooking the video-out cable up to a VCR and monitor and turning the full-time autofocus on. I assume that my D7 works the same- I've only done this once just for fun. The only problem is full-time autofocus eats batteries and is slow- doesn't follow motion very well.

Otherwise as a free-standing video camera- your limited by the size of the card- video eats up a lot card space. If you have a RCA in on your video card- I suppose it can be used as a webcam as well, although the USB connection will not work as a webcam input between minolta digicams and computer.

Am I getting close?
whittonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2003, 10:02 AM   #3

I just was thinking say whether I could set up the camera to capture video constantly at a certain pre-set focus, and save it off to a laptop/hard drive, rather than to a disk internal to the camera. I guess the other question was thinking was that for example if you were shooting video at a location where you might want to capture samples for extended periods of time, like a party and didn't want to keep changing/downloading data off the cards, could it be hooked to such a drive, and just turn the camera on & off? of course, the alternative is to buy a video camera, but for now... I took video with it the other day and it was actually pretty good for what I was thinking of doing or experimenting around with. Thanks a lot.
websounding is offline   Reply With Quote