Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jul 8, 2003, 11:44 PM   #1
hst

Default Firmware update for 7i 1.11u

I updated to 1.11u on my 7i and since then my focusing is slower and the images have more noise. It also has trouble with Macro focusing now. I have tried Minolta email support and they never write back. Does anyone know how I can go back to the 1.10U firmware. Is anyone else experiencing this problem with the upgrade?

Thanks!
hst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 9, 2003, 7:58 AM   #2

I just went to Minolta's page and couldn't find anything on a firmware update. When did 1.11u come out, what does it do, and where can I get it?

Thanx
broisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2003, 8:29 AM   #3
hst

Default The download link

Go to Minolta.com and click on the download link on the top of the page. Then click on the camera and accessories link. In the fill in fields pick digital camera, 7i, and your version of windows and you will be taken to the firmware upgrade.

CAUTION: They say it fixes issues however I have found my camera to be slower, not a clear of pictures and more noise. I also can't seem to find any way to back out of the upgrade and Minolta wont respond.
Old Jul 10, 2003, 3:25 PM   #4

OK, mine is ver 1.10 , I guess I better stay with it ..?
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2003, 10:25 PM   #5
hst

Default You got it

I just got in touch with their tech support by phone and they were very helpful. They said that the only way to fix the issues I was having after the upgrade was to send it in to them for repairs that will take about 2 weeks. They were quick to offer assistance and said the upgrade shouldn't have caused the slowdown or image issues and they believe it is something internal in the camera. We'll just have to see. At least it's still under warrantee!
Old Jul 11, 2003, 5:12 AM   #6
wrb

There's an old addage.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

If the camera is doing everyhting you want it to do, why bother upgrading the firmware? Can only see it worth doing if you get some major new benefit.
wrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2003, 12:53 PM   #7

Default Yup - I'll stay with 1.10 too.

Glad I never got around to the 1.11 upgrade.
cald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2003, 9:51 PM   #8
hst

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrb
There's an old addage.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

If the camera is doing everyhting you want it to do, why bother upgrading the firmware? Can only see it worth doing if you get some major new benefit.
I thought there was a major benefit. I have had some noise problems and was hoping to clear up the shots some not make things worse. Also the action shots I was taking were a little burry at times so I was hoping this might have a fix for that. Minolta recommends the upgrade BTW.
Old Jul 12, 2003, 6:45 AM   #9
NHL

Quote:
I have had some noise problems and was hoping to clear up the shots some not make things worse.
There's a very simple way on all the D7's to minimize noise if any: Go to [Menu] -> [Custom 2] -> [Sharpness] -> [Soft (-)] to change it from the [Normal] default setting. 8)

You can also play around with lowering the contrast on the left side of the camera, but the Soft(-) sharpness setting on the camera is the most effective! If you're worry, Unsharp Mask in Photoshop will recover all if any sharpness lost in the camera but is hardly necessary!
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2003, 9:40 AM   #10

Default NHL did you upgrade to 1.11?

Just wondered about your experiences, NHL if you upgraded to 1.11.
1.10 went fine for me but the purpose of 1.11 seemed to be a bit fuzzy ?
cald is offline   Reply With Quote