Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jul 9, 2003, 6:21 AM   #1

Default Anybody own a Minolta Dimage Xt ???

I am interested in buying the Xt however I am not so sure that the movie clip quality will be adequate to replace my video camera. I only use my video camera to take 5-10 minute shots during parties or holidays. Does anybody have any experience? :?:
twoseater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 19, 2003, 10:11 AM   #2

Default not as good as a video camera but maybe good enough

I just purchased the dimage xt and one of the features that sold me was the ability to shoot digital videos. I have an old analog sony video camera and wanted to buy a digital one - but didn't want to spend too much money or get something too large. I do not make a lot of movies and rarely go back and watch them. Like you, I just wanted the ability to capture 5 or 10 minutes of video here and there. I want digital movies so I can do some basic editing and sharing over the web. I like the quality of the video I get from the dimage xt - not superb - but good enough for my needs. I take family videos and don't need the best quality. I just want a record of my children at various stages of their development in a format that will last forever.
edavido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2003, 10:39 AM   #3

I have since bought the Fuji Finepix 601zoom and am very happy. Quality is fantastic and i can get up to 9 minutes of 640x480 resolution of 15 frames per second
twoseater is offline   Reply With Quote