Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jul 9, 2003, 6:28 AM   #1

Default S414 Compact Flash Card Weirdness

Flash Card or Camera (Note I am going to try original card with the camera later today to see if problem is the same)

I purchased a S414 and bought an extra 64Mb memory card for it. It has worked great for a couple of months but now getting a strange problem.

When I format the card using the camera it tells me that the flash card is empty but when I connect it to my Computer I can see the contents of the card. If I take more photos with the camera I can cycle through the new ones but not the old ones, the computer however will see all photos.

I also took a couple of photos one day then some the next. The camera only shows the photos that I take on that day and not others but the computer can see them.

I asked iPhoto to delete the camera contents after it had copied the photos to the hard drive which it did. Then set the camera to format the card and tested again.

Same fault occurs.

Thoughts???
g4shallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 10, 2003, 7:04 PM   #2

Hi again

Just found out that when I format any Flash card in the camera it olnly formats the last day worth of photos.

Any ideas?

Is it worth erasing the memory card on the computer so it is blank then erasing it again on the camera??

Anyone have any suggestions?????
Old Jul 12, 2003, 6:52 AM   #3

Just one comment about being able to only view one folder of pictures. The manual states that you have to select older folders in the Setup menu. My experience is that it is true.

As for deletions. I have deleted photos via both PC and camera and the results as expected. 117 photos when new and 117 photos after deletions. I have not tried reformatting but I think the manual said to only use the camera for reformatting.

I use a 256MB Simpletech Compact Flash
Alan Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2003, 12:55 PM   #4

Yes you are correct.

However I changed the set up of the camera from Date to standard then formatted the memory card. All old photos and folders were deleted.