Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jul 14, 2003, 2:10 PM   #1

Default 7hi price!!

why did i pay $1100 for a 7hi a week ago when two years ago it was the same price? why does it cost so much
thanks
bradg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 14, 2003, 2:49 PM   #2

Default Re: 7hi price!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradg
why did i pay $1100 for a 7hi a week ago when two years ago it was the same price? why does it cost so much
thanks
"The worth of a thing is what that thing will bring."

If you wanted it 1100 dollars worth, you got a deal. If not, not.

As an aside, are you sure you aren't thinking of the DiMage 7, and then the 7i, and then the 7Hi? They're all different cameras, as far as I know, and perhaps the 7 was $1100 when it first came out and the 7Hi is $1100 now. If so, that might be reasonable, because as I understand it the 7Hi is a much better camera than the 7.

Not to be a smarty-pants or anything, but you can get it cheaper... ComputerShopper has a price as low as $800, and $915 from a dealer I know is legit. Maybe wherever you bought it from has a 30-day price guarantee?

St. Marc
stmarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2003, 9:51 PM   #3

StMarc: I think you understand the issue since you referred to a dealer you know is legit, but for everyone else---be careful dealing with these cut rate guys. The last one I tried

--had a low price on the camera by about $100
--no warranty; that was extra
--tried to sell me the included items like battery charger for more
--quoted outrageous prices for necessary accessories (like CF memory)

By the time I was done, the package was costing about more than if I'd just walked into a mainstream camera store and paid retail.
monsieurms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2003, 10:44 PM   #4

Default 's not been around for 2 years.

Hi. I also repeat part of what stmarc says--I don't think the D-7Hi was out two years ago. You probably mean the D-7. I bought mine kind of late last year (I can't remember exactly when) but I remember rearching and waiting quite a while until they were actually shipping. I paid some 1250.00+ then. Also, one of the things I was surprised about when researching these cameras was how much of a grey market existed for them, in that at many of the cheaper places you had to specify that you were looking for an American warrantied model. Good luck. I am very happy with mine--surprised by it every day.

'sound
websounding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2003, 6:53 AM   #5
NHL

FYI, the older D7 retailed for $1500 (same as the 10D now!) when it first came out three years ago! Most of us paid 1/2 that because of the slow economy, but believe me the early adopters did pay listed price...

The D7Hi now is a lot more camera for the money, actually it's the closest thing to a dSLR this side of $1000! (BTW the CP5700 also hovers around this ballpark price too).
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2003, 7:47 PM   #6

Default whooops.

i meant researching. rearching sounds, well, kind of personal now.

websounding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2003, 6:04 PM   #7

Default eBay

Did you look on eBay for the 7hi? I got my 7i on there for $600 and then got the lenses and filters for $120

Try the link below:

http://search.ebay.com/ws/search/Sal...7&BasicSearch=
PureForensic is offline   Reply With Quote