Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Aug 15, 2002, 12:33 AM   #11
NHL

I don't like the improved AF speed at all... I prefer the old one at least it only froze slighly when dimmed...

You must have spend a lot of time to get them @ just the right moment!!! Must be an acquired skill... I can see how the UHS would help!

BTW Do you use Photoshop? USM should sharpen them right up!

[Edited on 8-15-2002 by NHL]
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2002, 9:21 AM   #12

Yep. I use Photoshop and they've been heavily processed. I think I don't like as much sharpening as most folks.

Not skill--just persistence. Those were all with the camera inside sitting on a tripod with the wired remote release and a B-300 stacked on a C-210. I'm currently looking for a job, but at the time these were taken, I was working at home. I'd glance out the window as I worked, and when I saw the appropriate birds, I'd walk around to the dining room and snap some photos. I've got better photos with the camera left outside on a tripod and the photos snapped with either a long cabled remote or the wireless. But the Goldfinches didn't have their colors yet and the buntings didn't come around that often.
And this was all hampered by the fact that I couldn't use manual focus since the focus reset when the camera went into sleep mode. The upgrade fixed that! Thanks, Minolta!

http://www.pbase.com/image/3869351/large
JimHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2002, 11:07 AM   #13
NHL

Woa, now that's really cool since it's also one of the few quirks that DrSmile and I complained about in manual focus. Let me check it out tonight ...

Thank for the tip!

http://www.stevesforums.com/forum/vi...d.php?tid=1951
Old Aug 15, 2002, 11:30 AM   #14

The camera does remember the focus mode waking from sleep mode. It doesn't remember the focus distance set when you saved a memory.

For example if I take a picture using autofocus, then choose a memory with manual focus, the focus remains at the distance that the autofocus picture was taken at.

It would be useful to be able to store a set focus distance in memory. Many other digicams have this feature as it lets you take more consistent and uniform photos.

[Edited on 8-15-2002 by DrSmile]
DrSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2002, 12:21 PM   #15
NHL

Bummer!

Thanks anyway...