Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Sep 28, 2007, 10:35 PM   #11

It sounds more like the problem is with the camera's power supply. There is likely an electrolytic filter capacitor which has changed value and/or developed low resistance to DC. Usually, the grip area will get quite hot when this happens, but if the camera is shutting down so soon, it may not.

You probably need to send it in for repair.

Brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2007, 10:50 PM   #12

VT,

What do you think?worth to repair?i think quite expensive right?
MacTreoUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2007, 12:35 AM   #13

I don't know how much it would be to repair. It depends on where you are located. Since Sony is now doing repairs on K-M cameras, you should contact Cony service for an estimate.

As to whether it is worth it - maybe. The Dimage 7 was capable of infrared photos with an IR filter, where the later cameras had an IR cut filter installed to protect the CCD from excess heat. For infrared enthusiasts, that makes it worth quite a bit. Try checking some of the auctions on ebay to see what the cameras are selling for.

Brian
Old Oct 1, 2007, 3:24 AM   #14

Hey Brothers,

Oh...i just brought my DiMAGE 7 to a the shop in Leisure Mall...the guy took it and ON it...Focus...Confirm with me SENSOR problem...

My God...Sensor Problem...Hopeless me...

He Said NO NEED to service or Repair...besides,Sony though take over Minolta but din't support DiMAGE series..only A series and above...

What w'ld you say??sad me... :mellow:
MacTreoUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2008, 9:44 AM   #15

VTphotog wrote:
Quote:
It sounds more like the problem is with the camera's power supply. There is likely an electrolytic filter capacitor which has changed value and/or developed low resistance to DC. Usually, the grip area will get quite hot when this happens, but if the camera is shutting down so soon, it may not.

You probably need to send it in for repair.

Brian
I have encountered the same problem. I'm pretty sure it's not caused by the battery, because I'm using SANYO 2500. Can you provide more information regarding how to fix the broken capacitor? This machine has been around for many years, and I just don't know who is able to fix the problem.
tcjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2008, 10:06 PM   #16

I hadn't heard that a sensor problem would do that, but we live and learn. Check the information about senso recalls, as I believe the Dimage 7 was included. The 7hi was, and I got mine repaired free by Sony. That was some time ago, though, and I am not sure how long the repairs will continue, though, I have heard just recently that they are still doing the repairs here in the US.

TCJJ;

I haven't had my camera apart, so can't advise you about how to repair it. I was just giving a guess as to the cause of the problem based on other DC-DC power supplies I have worked with.

brian
Old Oct 19, 2008, 10:32 PM   #17

VTphotog wrote:
Quote:
I hadn't heard that a sensor problem would do that, but we live and learn. Check the information about senso recalls, as I believe the Dimage 7 was included. The 7hi was, and I got mine repaired free by Sony. That was some time ago, though, and I am not sure how long the repairs will continue, though, I have heard just recently that they are still doing the repairs here in the US.

TCJJ;

I haven't had my camera apart, so can't advise you about how to repair it. I was just giving a guess as to the cause of the problem based on other DC-DC power supplies I have worked with.

brian
Thanks for your reply. Actually, I didn't expect to get the reply for an article posted one year ago. I made some attempts last weekend, and now my F100 is able to take a few photos with fully charged batteries. But, I observed that if I didn't take out the batteries from the camera, they will be exhausted the next day, even if I didn't use the camera at all during this time period. It looks like something is still consuming the battery power when the camera is turned off...

Old Oct 19, 2008, 10:59 PM   #18

How old, and how many times have you recharged your batteries? With time and numerous recharges, they tend to lose capacity, and the self-discharge rate gets higher as well, leading to the same kind of situation you have. Maybe all you need is a new set.

brian
Old Oct 20, 2008, 12:56 AM   #19

Brian,

The batteries were brought 2 years ago, but were only used for a couple of times. I'll buy two new batteries this week to see if they were the root cause. Thanks.