Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jul 23, 2002, 11:45 AM   #1

Default D7i Filter settings & self timer advice

1. Photos taken in flourescent light have a yellowish hue - need experienced advice on where to set the filter. Shooting electronic assemblies with green/blue boards and colored components in aluminum case.
2. Can self timer be used with manual focus?
cald is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 23, 2002, 11:54 AM   #2

to question 2. yes self timer works with manual focus.
question 1-work in the white balance (WB) not filters area. there are flourescent settings
cool white or warm white. under cool white auto works pretty good. warm white needs a little manual tweaking. it depends on the color temp.

[Edited on 7-23-2002 by sjms]
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2002, 2:05 PM   #3

Thanks, I just haven't figure out that part of the manual (self timer) I'll also try your lighting settings.
Old Jul 23, 2002, 2:26 PM   #4
NHL

cald

Since you're not using flash for this application... Here's a perfect opportunity for trying out this WYSIWYG mode on the D7(i): http://www.stevesforums.com/forum/vi...d.php?tid=1346

Go ahead put the camera in full manual and not just manual focus! You'll be able to see approximately what you're getting before the shot, even the white balance !!! Just play around with the speed/aperture/WB maybe you can even do shall we say real-time Photoshop...

LOL

[Edited on 7-23-2002 by NHL]
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2002, 8:41 PM   #5

Default Learning the Knobs

Thanks NHL. I really had a time with white balance even after setting up per the manual. Photo still was maize hue & a bit dark. I'll go 'barefoot' tomorrow in Full Manual.
The D7i's controls are like patting one's head and tummy but they are kind of intuitive once the learning curve kicks in. (Still only scratching the surface of the manual. Like the 4 x magnification!
Old Jul 23, 2002, 9:24 PM   #6

on th left side of the camera there is the selector that has different functions. one of those functions is called "drive". spin it around to the line. press the center of the wheel. that's the access button. while holding down that button, on the grip is a black vertical wheel at the top. rotate that wheel and it will show the different options in the lcd for that function. when the one looking like a clock sweep hand shows your in selftimer mode. let everything go and that will stay. also on the left side is the small af/mf button. hit that and your in manual focus mode. i believe that you will have to repeat the selftimer setting every time you use it.

[Edited on 7-24-2002 by sjms]
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote