Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Nov 13, 2007, 9:43 PM   #1

I recently purchased a SD/MMC to CFII card adapter for use in a Minolta Dimage 7hi. The camera will not recognize the card. The weird part is that when I insert the adaptor into my USB card reader (with the SD card inserted into the adpater) my Windows XP laptop recognizes the card, no problem, yet the camera wont.

I verified that the camera supports CFII. I also tried three different brands of SD card- no luck. I also tried using Windows to reformat the card- no luck

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks
capnchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 14, 2007, 1:03 AM   #2

Do you have the latest firmware for the camera? The ability to use the CF/SD adapter was added in a firmware update.

brian

The link with installation instructions, and tested cards, is here

http://ca.konicaminolta.com/support/...ion_guide.html
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2007, 8:05 AM   #3

Thanks for that link

This morning, I updated the firmware, and verified that the camera took the update. However the camera still wont recognize the adaptor. Its a no-name adaptor I bought from some guy on Ebay for ten bucks. I have already emailed him to see what the return policy is. This thing doesnt do me any good.

The guy I bought it from recommended that I format the SD card for FAT as oppsed to FAT32, which I tried, and that didnt work as well.

Do I have any other options?
capnchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2007, 9:40 PM   #4

The only other thing I can suggest, is to try an older SD card. This firmware was reseased a while agoe, and may not work with newer cards, or those not on the list.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2007, 10:47 PM   #5
Administrator

What size card? It's not uncommon for many types of electronics to have problems with Secure Digital Cards over 1GB. I wouldn't expect most adapters around to work with anything larger.

Here is a thread you may find useful. It looks like there are now some newer adapters out that support SDHC type cards:

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=15

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote