Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jun 2, 2008, 7:31 PM   #1

I have a compact minolta and the lens cover is starting to stick. I discovered that sony (who bought out minolta cameras) wants something like 125.00 to send it in and have it fixed (more than its worth). The camera still functions fine but one must be careful to make sure the lens is fully exposed (been using my finger to gently encourage the opening).

My initial thought was to give it a little squirt of lubricant but thought it might be a real good idea to get somebody else's thoughts on this one. As far as I can tell this is all that's wrong with this camera.

Thank you..............
jwhitt12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 3, 2008, 12:53 AM   #2

I wouldn't use any lubricant from a pressurized spray can. It tends to get too many places it shouldn't. If you are able to see the rub marks where it is sticking, try applying a dry lubricant. I like the powdered teflon, obtainable from Birchwood Casey. It may be stocked by a local gun dealer.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2008, 2:00 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply. The lens cover is a simple one piece thing which shows no signs of wear. It works better now than when I was traveling. Over the last few years this camera has done yeoman duty through at least 30 different countries ranging from Siberia to SE Asia and all point between and, literally, thousands of pictures. I fear that dust may have invaded and, perhaps, it has worked itself out. I was also thinking of hitting it with a little air but this stuff is a little delicate and that too might not be a real good idea.

Thanks again for the reply!
jwhitt12 is offline   Reply With Quote