Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Aug 7, 2002, 9:22 AM   #11

refer to this pdf document right off the web. its 14 pages. i believe it will answer your question.

http://bermangraphics.com/files/basic_processing.pdf
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2002, 9:47 AM   #12
NHL

MonsieurMS

That's a pretty good tutorial from smjs. For nightshots, most of the pixels grouping will be left sided anyway (ie underexposed). The idea is to shift the histogram right using either the aperture/shutter speed without overexposing the hightlight (blooming lights for example)... That's why I can wait to play around!

So far only Minolta has this 'live' histogram feature, with all others one has to snap the picture first, and some even require the camera to be put in playback mode...

[Edited on 8-7-2002 by NHL]
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2002, 3:05 PM   #13

Default Dimage 7 Upgrade Kit

After listening and reading about the upgrade kit, I logged onto the Minolta site 2 days ago to order it. I put in a search string labeled the same and received a page ready to check the box and order the kit at a cost of 79.95. After struggling through all of their "slow" ordering pages, something happened while trying to process the order, so I started the whole thing over again. Only this time, I couldn't find the kit anywhere on their web site. I plugged in their part number (6766-904) and received nothing in response.
I then e-mailed Minolta requesting an explanation of what happened. They told me that the kit was sold out and that they should have another shipment in by the end of the week. They never responded as to why 6766-904 doesn't even exist anymore, although they do offer the separate components at 49.95 each. (amazing isn't it?) Their next response was to inform me that their computer are not set up to take back orders so there is no way to order the item until it shows up on their web site again.
I don't know about anybody else, but trying to get an answer from Minolta that makes me feel like they're really concerned about their customers just didn't come across at all. On the contrary, I wasted several hours trying to order the kit only to be told that I need to keep checking back.
tcd2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2002, 5:11 PM   #14

I had a similar experience==the thing that made me feel like Jack Nicholson in that movie was calling Minolta and being told (a) no, they wouldn't sell it to me over the phone at all; (b) it was out of stock. But I said, you have each component part in stock. WHy can't you give me one of each of those for the same price as the -904? A: We can't because we can't. That was annoying. Oh well.

BTW, thanks for the tutorial. One more great thing to play with.

[Edited on 8-7-2002 by monsieurms]
monsieurms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2002, 7:26 PM   #15
NHL

Over the DPreview forum, poster were complaining getting different order screens as Netscape or IE are used... But it sure sounds like demands exceeded Minolta's expectation.
Old Aug 7, 2002, 7:50 PM   #16

I guess the good news is indeed that everyone loves the concept. I did have other problems in attempting to order, with the server hiccuping and giving me raw java script data at times. They're a bit overloaded. Of course, it would be nice to NOT send me an email saying BUY THIS when it's already out of stock.
monsieurms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2002, 8:15 PM   #17
NHL

May be they are giving people incentive to buy just the upgrade (cheaper), and download 'unofficial' DIVU 2.0 (it's out there... Steve switches forum, but links over other sites are still there pointing to Yahoo...)
Old Aug 9, 2002, 4:33 PM   #18
NHL

Here's what to expect from the upgrade:

http://webpages.charter.net/bbiggers...ug_vs_d7i.html

Quote:
Keep in mind that Minolta did not have to do this, and that no manufacturer has ever done anything even remotely like this. A lot of listening to users and thought went into the D7i and this upgrade for the D7. I think that it demonstrates considerable concern for their products on Minolta's part, and the upgrade was clearly a labor of love by people that want the camera to succeed.
[Edited on 8-9-2002 by NHL]