Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Apr 20, 2009, 8:15 AM   #1

Hi Guys

I have noticed that getting your pics onto the 'puter is a fiddly and slow business direct from the camera if you are shooting high res!!

I assume that this is due to the USB 1 connection???

Is there any speed increase with a card reader (and will a card reader handle the data OK??) I figured that using a card reader might speed up things especially on a pretty full card!!

Gosh!! I wish I had found one of these when they came out. It has stunning optics and a really pro feel about it. What a great feeling to be able to have a zoom that I can use!!! No more silly power zooms where you have to move away from the VF to push the button or try to compose in the LCD screen!!! I had a Kyocera MR410 before and the overall build, feel and control of the Dimage makes the 410 look and feel like a plastic toy!!

Waiting for a dedicated flash to arrive down-under and then I shall comment further.

Thanksto this forum for still supporting and assisting with older cameras

Chris

Softweigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 20, 2009, 10:01 AM   #2
Administrator

You'll get much faster transfer rates using a USB 2.0 card reader. That also means that you don't have to worry about the camera's batteries being charged when copying images to a PC.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2009, 8:24 PM   #3

Thanks Jim

I figured as much but never thought about the batteries!! That could be an issue!!!so off I go tograb a card reader.

Thanks for the advice

Chris

Softweigh is offline   Reply With Quote