Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jun 7, 2009, 5:10 PM   #1

Default Dimage z6 Can't take picture

I bought this camera at a yard sale yesterday hoping that it was a good one. I put in batteries and a card and then could not take a picture. It seems as if the button won't push. Is it something I can fix or do I send it somewhere or throw it away?
Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 7, 2009, 9:01 PM   #2

I don't know the particular camera, but can give you a couple things to look at in general.
First, take a look at the memory card and make sure the slider is not in the write protect position. Next, access the menu and attempt to format the card. If this works, you should be able to take pictures with it.

brian
VTphotog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2009, 4:21 PM   #3
SAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty View Post
I bought this camera at a yard sale yesterday hoping that it was a good one. I put in batteries and a card and then could not take a picture. It seems as if the button won't push. Is it something I can fix or do I send it somewhere or throw it away?
No longer made. I believe that sony now has the rights or at least services them. I know my battery case on my Z1 broke and when i looked to have it repaired it took me to a sony site. Didn't seem worth the trouble so I just took a tie wrap and use that to hold the battery cover closed. The camera still works. Now I use it as a backup and fishing camera and bought a new Nikon P90.

Repair service for konica/minolta As stated on the home page they are no longer in the camera business but this may give you the ability to see if it is fixable.