Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jun 13, 2009, 9:50 AM   #1

Default Dimage A200 - Stuck in Recording mode

After taking many thousands of photos my A200 suddenly stuck in Recording mode. When I move the mode switch to Playback or Movie mode it just stays in Recording mode.
I can live with this, but I worry that it is a symptom of something else that may go wrong.
Any ideas?
Bart
Bart150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 13, 2009, 11:56 AM   #2

I have heard of problems with the mode switches on the Axx cameras. If it is broken internally, you may not be able to do much but live with it. IIRC, there is a screw in the center which holds the works together, and by lifting the center cover, which I think is just glued down plastic film, you have access to the screw. If it has become loose, you may be able to tighten it and recover function.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2009, 3:27 PM   #3

Thanks, Brian.
I don't like the idea of trying to open the camera. I might end up worse off than now.
Perhaps it is coincidence, but the problem I've mentioned coincides with another phenomenon. It has become very difficult to insert a new memory card so that the camera recognises it. I've always managed it so far but only after a lot of cursing and struggling and pressing.

Bart
Old Jun 21, 2009, 9:47 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart150 View Post
Thanks, Brian.
I don't like the idea of trying to open the camera. I might end up worse off than now.
Perhaps it is coincidence, but the problem I've mentioned coincides with another phenomenon. It has become very difficult to insert a new memory card so that the camera recognises it. I've always managed it so far but only after a lot of cursing and struggling and pressing.

Bart
Try turning off the camera, removing the battery for about half an hour and then reinstalling it and starting it up. Its internal "computer" may reset. Also check to see if there is a firmware update available through the Sony website.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2009, 5:15 PM   #5

Hi,

the same think heaped to me! No matter how I turn the mode selection switch, the camera stays in movie mode. I even can't upload new firmware, since the camera should be in play mode. Bart150 did you find any solution?

Tnx,
Simon
sgrabar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2009, 1:38 PM   #6

Sorry, Simon. I haven't any solution. I can live with the way my camera is. But all I can do is offer you my sympathy for the state your camera has got into.
Bart