Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Nov 13, 2003, 10:04 AM   #1

Default KD-410z

Hello, I have konica revio kd 410z, so I have problems because it does not read my Memory stick very good...
I want to download the firmware in the japanese web but all the instructions are in japanese and I would like to know if the firmware is in english.

Thank you very much!!
acedo100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 13, 2003, 12:07 PM   #2
Administrator

The updates are multi-lingual (support multiple languages) I have not heard about anyone having prolems with the language issue after a firmware upgrade However, just to be safe, I'd note the location of the Language Setting in Setup (you'll see icons). In my Konica KD-510z, the Icon for language is ABC, so it's easy to find.

As far as your problem with Memory Stick Media, are you formatting the Memory Stick after each use?

I always format my media after every use (with the camera -- never use your PC). This insures that I'm always started out with a fresh FAT (File Allocation Table), to help prevent any file corruption problems.

I'd try this first (reformat your Memory Stick in the camera).
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2003, 2:47 PM   #3

Thaks Jim, but the problem about the memory stick is not that because I did the format...
I am going explainyou what exacty happens:
I f I switch my camara on when is off for more that 15 minutes, my camara does not read the memory stick (which is the priority card), the screen is black...If quicker I switch off and switch on again, now the camara read the memory stick and is working perfect. If less than 15 minutes I switch off and on is is any problems. But if the camara is off for more that 15 minutes, does not read the memory stich again!!

Also, I am going to download the firmware of the konica revio kd- 410z...Could you let me know the web?? I am confuse because USA support of Konica said me that I cannot donwload the firmware because is only in japannes, and if I will do, I cannot choose english more!!

Thank you very much!!
Old Nov 13, 2003, 3:11 PM   #4
Administrator

Konica says the same thing about all firmware updates from Konica Japan (that they are not compatible with the camera). Wrong.

I have seen posts from multiple users that have updated their Konica KD-400z and KD-500z with no problems, and have provided the download links and instructions to them, too. Without exception, the updates have all worked from users I know that have tried them, and they had access to multiple languages, as before the update.

I see no reason why the KD-410z would be any different (it's marketed in the U.K. as well, where English is spoken).

This is the download page (you'll need to copy and paste it into your browser address window, since this site won't recognize https: as being a valid site link):

https://camera.konica-lab.net/soft_v...oft_verup.php?

You'll want the .bin file for the KD-410z (you'll see version 1.55A at the bottom of the page). Make sure you are picking the right camera model (KD-410z in your case).

Here are the instructions:

1. Download the BIN ( KD-410Z.BIN) for Version 1.55A

2. Put the BIN-file on an EMPTY SD-card (format it with the camera first, then copy the .bin file to the root directory of the Card) -- then remove the camera from the USB connection, after making sure the copy is completely finished (wait a minute first, to make sure it's not still writing the file).

3. Power up your camera (open the lens cover).

4. When prompted "PUSH DEL KEY TO UPDATE" - press the DEL-key (trashcan).

5. After a while you are asked to turn the camera off (close the lens cover).

6. The new firmware is now installed and the BIN-file is automatically deleted from the SD-card.

Make SURE your battery is fully charged before you start the upgrade, and do not interrupt the update process (or you risk ruining the camera).

I know of multiple users that have updated to version 1.55a in both Konica KD-400z and KD-500z models, using this site.

I see no reason why it wouldn't work on the KD-410z just as well. The 1.55A firmware for the other models supports multiple languages.

On the downside, Konica-Minolta USA probably won't fix it if something goes wrong.

Personally, if it were my camera, I'd update it. But, I'll leave that decision up to you.

Let me know how it works if you upgrade.

As always, perform any firmware upgrade at your own risk.
Old Nov 14, 2003, 5:24 AM   #5

Jim, yo told me download KD-410Z.BIN (ver. 1.55A) but in the web that you gave me ir is ver.2.05A...What Do I need to do??

Thanks!!
Old Nov 14, 2003, 9:02 AM   #6

Jim, I have done but, nothing was happens....I did all that you told me...I have copied the file in my SD card (formated by the camara before)....but when I open the camara nothing is in the screem, the camara do the same like always, as I did not anything...I do not understand why...
Old Nov 14, 2003, 11:50 AM   #7
Administrator

My apologies, it is a newer version for the KD-410z now.

However, the update process should still work fine.

Are you sure that you're copying it to the root directory of the Secure Digital Card (NOT the Memory Stick)?

Also, is your camera "memory priority" set to use the Secure Digital Card (you must use the SD Card)?

You may also want to remove the Memory Stick from the camera, just to make sure.

See this forum thread, on someone else that I a problem with the KD-500z update (but it worked fine in the end -- it looks like she may have downloaded the wrong .bin file, or got a corrupted one).

I suggested a few things to try, including copying the .bin file down again, and the update was successful.

Also, check your version, to make sure it's not already the most recent one.

You'll also find instructions on checking the current version in the same thread:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...essage=6202078

Something has got to be wrong (using wrong Memory Priority for the SD, etc.)
Old Nov 14, 2003, 3:26 PM   #8

Done!!! I have done Jim, and everything is OK....I did not use the roof directory but now I have the new firmware and the camara is in english...I hope that the problems with my Memory Stick does not continue now with the new firmware and the camara can read it like priority card...
I di not try at the moment...I will tell you!!
Thank you very much!!!
Old Nov 14, 2003, 8:44 PM   #9
Administrator

You're welcome. As I mentioned before, Konica USA seems to tell everyone that the firmware upgrades from Japan will not work.

I don't know why they take this position (I'm speculating, that it is just too time consuming trying to support users wanting the upgrades). As you can see, the firmware does work, and supports multiple languages.

BTW, if this does not help your problem, you may want to simply try buying a larger Secure Digital Card.

However, be very careful about what brand you use. There are only 3 manufacturers of Secure Digital: Panasonic, Toshiba and Sandisk (other manufacturers, like Lexar, are using cards OEM'd by these three, even though some of the other manufacturers do make other media types themselves).

In 128mb or smaller sizes, cards made by any of them should work fine. In 256mb size, only Panasonic and Toshiba Manufactured Cards will work. In 512mb size, only cards made by Panasonic will work.

Panasonic's 256mb and 512mb cards are dramatically faster (10mb/second) than Secure Digital Cards made by other manufacturers, so that's probably why the others have problems in larger sizes.

See my Konica album at http://www.pbase.com/jcockfield/konica_kd510z for details.
Old Nov 15, 2003, 7:58 AM   #10

Ok, Jim...I checked the web that you gave me...I am going to ask in the forum about the card if somebody had have the same problem as me...
I have seen you galery....It is fine!!!
This the mine:

http://www.1001fotos.com/veralbum.asp?album=1802322957