Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Sep 28, 2009, 1:10 PM   #1

Default A1 stuck accessing files

I've had my A1 for quite some time, and it has always worked well. (Yeah, they replaced the CCD)

A couple of days ago I turn it on, and the red access light is on, and the display says "accessing files",and nothing happens. I've left it on for an hour. I've changed batteries and memory cards. No Joy.

I've tried the only alternate startup method that I know... holding the shutter down then turning it on... nothing happens.

So, I'm looking for advice, a link to a site with DIY help, or a startup method that will clear the memory and allow me to get back to taking pictures, or a recommendation of a trustworthy repair shop.

Thanks,

Bill
Bill Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 29, 2009, 10:07 PM   #2

I seem to have lost the info on how to reset the D7/Axx cameras, so don't have the exact procedure. If you can access the setup menu, try the 'Restore defaults" setting. If not, I think the procedure is to remove the battery and leave it out for 24 hours. I would try restarting without a memory card first.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2009, 12:06 PM   #3

I can't get any button to work, I cannot access any menus, take a picture, nada, nothing.

I'll try leaving the battery out for a day, thanks for that tip. If you happen to come across the reset procedure, I'd appreciate it if you pass it along.

Thanks for your help,

Bill
Bill Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2009, 3:17 PM   #4

Still can't find my reference for the reset procedure, but I do recall that it involves repeatedly resetting to factory defaults, after replacing the battery.
A couple things I seem to recall, though about this problem -
Most likely: there is a bent or broken pin on your CF connector in the camera. Unless you are technically qualified to do this kind of repair, you should send it in to Sony for service. OTOH, since the camera is unuseable, it can't hurt to give it a shot. Take a look in the CF compartment with a good light and magifier to determine in this is the case, first.
Another possibility: low battery. If you have had your battery for more than a couple years, it may not hold sufficient charge to power the camera. Try either a new battery or an AC adapter.
Last guess: if it is none of the above, probably the power supply capacitors have gone bad. Again, a case for Sony service.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote