Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Nov 30, 2003, 12:16 AM   #1

Default Dimage A1 External Flash

I am looking to upgrade to the A1 and I have a slave flash I used with my C2100 and a flash bracket. Can I use this flash in the hot shoe? What advantages do I have in moving to a different flash and what would a different flash that leveraged the A1 features cost?

I do a good bit of shooting of night games under stadium lights and was using the external flash to get more range on my shots. i would love to think I could get by without the flash all together with the upgrade to A1, but I suppose I need to know what the advantages are of the hot shoe and buying a flash for that use rather then simply using the hot shoe as a mounting bracket.

Thanks
ToddNorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 30, 2003, 12:33 AM   #2

the full automated metered flash mode. auto control over the strobe zoom. as you zoom so goes the strobe. and a whole bunch of other stuff that would require lots of explaining which you can read up on by going to the minolta or sigma site.

i mentioned sigma because the make a 2 minolta D compatable strobes too at a more economic price.

http://www.minoltausa.com/eprise/mai...ucts?cname=acc

any strobe with a D designation is compatable with the 7 series and A1. even the macro flashes.

http://www.sigmaphoto.com/html/flashes.htm

the top 2 for you
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2003, 11:47 AM   #3

now if your 5 rows back or even on the sidelines your limited by the ISO. the flash in this situation may be a disturbance to the players and depending on their size or the officials you may be asked not to use it in either a subtle or not so subtle way.

the highest iso is 800 and tends to be fairly noisy at that level. you may want to reevalute and think of a digital rebel/300D due to the difference in design of the imager and the wider ISO latitude it has. at 800 the rebel is much less noisy.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote