Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Aug 12, 2002, 6:59 PM   #1
NHL

Default D7 Upgrade has arrived !

Just received the upgrade. It actually comes in 3 CDs and worked just as advertised:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forum/vi...d.php?tid=1546

[Edited on 8-12-2002 by NHL]
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 12, 2002, 8:35 PM   #2

Terrific. I ordered mine Friday.
padeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2002, 11:47 PM   #3
NHL

Default Bummer !

Just noticed that the frame counter on the D7 upgrade just show 415 instead of 420 on an empty microdrive before the upgrade, apparently a different estimate algorithm (or it's output files are now slightly bigger?).

Love that real-time histogram! Definetly I will shoot in manual more often... The grid and scale are quite neat as well, sure beat at having to change focusing screens on an optical viewfinder (if they do even offer that option), and cleaning up the dust!

I don't know if I like the sped up AF speed at the expense of updating the display though...
Old Aug 15, 2002, 3:10 PM   #4

Default D7 upgrade

Got the news of the UK upgrade by E-mail last night, but needed it in a hurry as I'm off to Greece in a couple of days. I drove to the service department for Minolta UK and had the upgrade done in a couple of minutes. Verdict: well worth the cash and the long drive. The camera seems to be more alive, and it wasn't bad before!
David Crosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2002, 3:48 PM   #5

glad everything worked out and have a great trip in greece
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2002, 5:47 PM   #6

UPS says my upgrade should be here tomorrow. I ordered it without the DIVU upgrade rather than wait so I'll pay more total in the long run. Doubt if I'll get a chance to use it t his weekend as I'm busy moving but will soon.
padeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2002, 8:11 AM   #7

It arrived--but doesn't work.

Any advice?

1. I recharged batteries
2. Formatted microdrive
3. Copied the 2 files from the CD ROM to the microdrive
4. Held down shutter release button, turned camera on while holding down, to record
5. Light comes on as usual when I turn camera on--goes out in a few seconds and nothing happens.
monsieurms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2002, 8:53 AM   #8
NHL

You have to remove the battery!

... reading the instructions some time pay... Don't worry I did the same thing too... and from a EE, Duh!!!

(Removing all power sources reset the camera after programming)

[Edited on 8-20-2002 by NHL]
Old Aug 20, 2002, 1:21 PM   #9

As I understood it, it was only necessary to remove the batteries if something went wrong.

However, I called Minolta Tech Support----they said the problem was with Win XP. For some odd reason--this makes no sense to me--in Win XP you first have to copy the files from the CD ROM to your hard drive and THEN to the compact flash card, rather than right from CD ROM to CF card. Very strange, but I'll try it tonight.
Old Aug 20, 2002, 1:23 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally posted by padeye
UPS says my upgrade should be here tomorrow. I ordered it without the DIVU upgrade rather than wait so I'll pay more total in the long run. Doubt if I'll get a chance to use it t his weekend as I'm busy moving but will soon.
I hate to tell you this, but according to Minolta documentation, you cannot even use the RAW files created in the new firmware upgrade without upgrading to the new DIV software as well. This kinda makes it odd that they would even sell them separately, but I suppose later down the line, people may get the software and still need the firmware. But in any event: you sure do need both at the same time.

NHL:

>Just noticed that the frame counter on the D7 upgrade just show 415 instead of 420 on an empty microdrive before the upgrade, apparently a different estimate algorithm (or it's output files are now slightly bigger?).
<

According to the documentation, the new firmware creates images of different sizes than the old firmware.

[Edited on 8-20-2002 by monsieurms]