Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jan 8, 2004, 12:20 AM   #11

don't feel dumb; I for one thought it was an informative an interesting post. I'm trying to think of ways to isolate the circuit at the moment, actually...
bob877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2004, 1:45 AM   #12

Quote:
don't feel dumb; I for one thought it was an informative an interesting post. I'm trying to think of ways to isolate the circuit at the moment, actually...
thanks Bob,
I find that many people don't know how to extract useful info from an "ad". Despite 90% of the content in my thred is very useful and helpful. They will just ban it just like the silly "popup banners". they ban everything, whether it is useful or hamful.
here is a post about the circuit isolation.
http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/...eid=1072982077
nickfanmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2004, 1:28 PM   #13

I have made a simple circuit isolator for this adapter. after circuit isolation, my vivitar 2800 flash works on D7! Bingo.
Matthew Geier's theory about flash incompatibility seems correct. after circuit isolation, the source of mismatch is removed
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...essage=7182476
I will work for a circuit isolation that can sustain 400v trigger voltage.
the successful use of circuit isolation means I can potentially ask unsupported minolta flashes (eg 5400) to fire. I hope the zoom function will also work, depending on how cunning minolta is. if she changed the code for zoom as well, then there is no hope.
but I bet after I made all these adapters available, you guys are not interested!

nick
nickfanmn is offline   Reply With Quote