Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jan 8, 2004, 2:21 AM   #1

Default Minolta Dimage 7HI (Lens Questions)...

I just recently purchased a (49 to 52mm) step up ring for my Minolta 7HI. I would like to know if anyone has installed a 52mm 2.0x telephoto converter lens or 52mm wide angle lens on their Minolta 7HI? If so, what brand did you use? Also I would like to know are Kenko lenses any good? Thanks for all the help.
Focus75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 8, 2004, 3:25 AM   #2

Default Re: Minolta Dimage 7HI (Lens Questions)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus75
I would like to know if anyone has installed a 52mm 2.0x telephoto converter lens or 52mm wide angle lens on their Minolta 7HI? If so, what brand did you use? Also I would like to know are Kenko lenses any good?
There is not problem of mounting a tele converter on a 7i, 7Hi and A1. The problem is whether the quality can satisfy your need. All good tele converters are big and heavy, and some of them may cause vignetting. See here for more details: http://www.stevesforums.com/phpBB2/v...ic.php?t=17608
Kenko's converters are not particularly good. If you have a tight budget and do not wish to get a Olympus or Sony, try the Raynox series. See here http://www.raynox.co.jp/english/digital/egdimage7hi.htm Note that slight vignetting may appear. I found out that the Olympus TCON 14B (and maybe Sony VCL HGD1758) does not cause vignetting.

CK
http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam
Nikon Coolpix 950/990/995/2500/4500/5700 User Guide
shene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2004, 1:10 PM   #3

I tried 52mm filters on my 7Hi, but these caused vignetting. I switched to 62mm filters and didn't notice any vignetting. You might want to skip the 52mm size as well, regardless of whether you're using lenses or filters.
doug4117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2004, 5:28 PM   #4

Thank's for all the help. You guy's are life savers... I have one more question. I decided to go with Olympus TCON-14B 1.45X Tele Converter Lens. I noticed Olympus doesn't make the proper step up ring (49-62) to work in conjuction with my camera. Can anyone suggest a company that does? Thanks again.
Old Jan 9, 2004, 2:53 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus75
I noticed Olympus doesn't make the proper step up ring (49-62) to work in conjuction with my camera. Can anyone suggest a company that does?
Try here http://www.2filter.com/prices/produc...20rings%2049mm If you only buy one ring, this one is definitely cheaper because they ship with US mail. If you will buy many, then go to B&H www.bhphoto.com or Adorama www.adorama.com

CK
http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam
Nikon Coolpix 950/990/995/2500/4500 User Guide
shene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2004, 4:16 AM   #6

get one from minolta. very good quality
nickfanmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2004, 10:03 PM   #7

Thanks for all the prompt replies. I recently received my Minolta 7HI in the mail the other day. So far I'm very pleased with my purchase. I have another question though... Is there any way that I can reduce the chances of having a blurry shot (of a subject sitting still), without having to use a tripod? Is there a particular camera setting that I should be using? I took a picture of my sister sitting on the couch in autofocus mode while adjusting the zoom ring (i.e. for the desired length), but when i lightly pressed the shutter release button half way to lock in on her... The shot still came out somewhat blurry. I made sure to keep still, but it didn't help. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

I also notice that my zoom ring (i.e. outer ring) takes a little more effort to move compaired to my old Olympus E-10. Is that normal in the Minolta 7HI?
Old Jan 12, 2004, 3:15 PM   #8

The 7Hi zoom ring *is* a bit less user-friendly than the film camera zoom rings I've tried, but I've gotten used to it. A bigger issue with me is the focus ring: it's too damn thin/narrow. It's hard to find sometimes...I'm used to wider rings. But I've gotten used to this as well. Overall I'm pleased with the cam...
doug4117 is offline   Reply With Quote