Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

View Poll Results: Have you written them?
No 1 16.67%
Yes 5 83.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 20, 2004, 10:05 AM   #11

I got exactly the same answer from Minolta. It must be a standard answer to everyone.
foffodc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2004, 11:14 AM   #12

Default Great idea...

I just sent a message as well, asking for valid reasoning for not releasing the new firmware to the states.

I picked up my z1 yesterday and so far it's a great camera for the price(under $300). Hopefully minolta does not let us down...
apexii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2004, 7:23 AM   #13

My Reply:

Thank you for your e-mail of the 11th January, and firstly may I apologise for the delay in this response, this due to me seeking advice from out Technical Support staff on the questions and enquires raised.

1. High chromatic aberration and noise in some modes. - Cannot be fixed by Firmware alone.

2. Weak focusing in bad light conditions and in super macro mode - Is not a factor I have found, nor had complaint on from other users. However, I am happy to receive your camera for inspection and would request that the camera is returned quoting the letter reference provided.

3. Only 10s self-timer implemented. Can there be a few more options? You try getting a 1 year old to sit still for 10 seconds. - This is standard with most cameras of this type.

4. Wrong power-save mode timing (power-save mode is turned on after 1 minute, no matter what the setting in the menu is (e.g. 10 minutes)) - I have some sympathy over this point and we have already suggested an upgrade to the Research and Development Department in Japan.

5. Macro and video full-time AF turns on every time camera is turned on - even if full-time AF was turned off before. - Please supply further information. Macro is not a default. Full time AF is needed for subject program mode.

6. Battery indicator is not precise - shows full batteries all the time! - This depends on the quality of batteries in use. We recommend Ansmann batteries which can be supplied to you direct.

7. Can't turn off video volume (only set to low volume). - Unable to change by software upgrade.

8. Video sound out of sync. - This has already been reported to Research & Development in Japan

9. Digital image stabiliser should be implemented in new firmware, its the only feature lacking in this product. - This is not part of the design concept of this product, and would not be a software issue..

I am pleased to confirm that we are now passing your comments onto our Head Office in Japan, and I trust they will be able to use your positive remarks in the future design of products such as this.

Yours faithfully,

John Baker
Camera Service Manager
Photographic Division
spikez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2004, 5:37 AM   #14

Default Good to hear!

That's good to hear, in my opinion. At least they acknowledge the video sync issue, and the shut-off timer. Problem is I doubt they'll fix it since they'd rather you buy a higher end model

Bob
bob877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2004, 8:25 AM   #15

I was reviewing Steve's site looking for a camera that gives me average to good pictures and some good video (640x480 30pfs) and Z1 was my choice. But since I saw these problems, I'll review my decision and re-check the Fuji F700 (640x480 30fps MPG), Fuji S5000 (320x240) or the Mavica CD500 (16fps).

If is hard to deal with Minolta at US can you imagine how hard is here at Brazil ?

Any suggestion ?
atg@brazil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 1:53 AM   #16

:?Does anyone know the Japanese Link to the 1.04c Firmware? I can't seem to locate it it as if Minolta ain't offering this Download to the Japanese anymore either.
Michael R. Habel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 5:42 AM   #17

Why don't you ask them to lower the jpeg compression while you're at it. :idea:
Riot Act is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 8:40 PM   #18

bob877 wrote:
Quote:
That's good to hear, in my opinion. At least they acknowledge the video sync issue, and the shut-off timer. Problem is I doubt they'll fix it since they'd rather you buy a higher end model

Bob
Ask them if they will give you $100 off on the Z3
KM_krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2005, 12:36 AM   #19
GOG

spikez1 wrote:
Quote:
I have done as you say and sent a mail to the UK support site.

Amazingly I got the following delivery notice!!

[email protected] This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Your message has been successfully relayed to the following recipients, but the requested delivery status notifications may not be generated by the destination.

[email protected]

Do KonicaMinolta not give their staff real email addresses, Im slightly concerned my mail has gone to a hotmail address!!!!
Something is very wrong here, the three letters after "mj_" in that email address is a bad word for the male sex organ in Swedish.

Considering this along with the hotmail-address, I don't think Minolta's only problem is bad firmware :O
GOG is offline   Reply With Quote