Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jan 10, 2004, 10:52 PM   #1

Default Do any of you A1 or 7(h/i) users have a favorite camera bag?

Just got my A1 and it is naked (and ashamed)
jawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 10, 2004, 11:08 PM   #2

My favorite is the Lowepro Nova 2 , enough place for my D7i and the TCon-17, batteries, filters and small addins. It can hold also a D7xx and a small flash.
But if you use (or plan to use) a big flash gun , you must go to something bigger , my second bag is a Lowepro compact AW which is the minimum that can fit the Metz 45 inside.
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2004, 10:50 AM   #3
csd

Jawz- The bag size depends on how many extra's you want to carry. If you only want to carry the camera, lens hood, cleaning cloth, and a couple of extra CF cards - this mini-zoom by low-pro will fit nicely (I just bought one for my A1):
http://www.ritzcamera.com/webapp/wcs...8&cat2=1001729
If you want to carry an external flash and any other goodies - you'll probably need something with a bit more room. Some mini-camcorder bags on the market work nice since they have adjustable compartment sizes (the wonder of velcro - whatever did we do without it?).
I asked this same question about a month ago. See my post and suggestions I got:
http://www.stevesforums.com/phpBB2/v...ic.php?t=18260
csd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2004, 6:42 PM   #4

For my A1 (and formerly 7i) for a basic case I use the Tamrac 5696 Digital 6.
browntimdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2004, 6:47 PM   #5

Thanks, all. I'm leaning now towards getting two bags, one for the whole kit and a smaller one like the TLZ mini for walkaround treks.
Old Jan 11, 2004, 10:38 PM   #6

for my 7hi and extra flashes, cards, batteries, cables, add on lens and some other stuff, i use a large pelican crush, water, dust, and just about everything else proof
bradg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2004, 12:55 AM   #7

Check out www.ebags.com. I picked up the Crumpler December Quarter Bag: http://www.ebags.com/crumpler/decemb...?modelid=16291 It holds my laptop, camera, charger, AC adapter, Olympus T-CON 14B Lens, lens hood, step up rings, PDA, card reader, extra compactflash cards, and still has room for two additional lens. Its well padded and has removable dividers that can be arranged to fit your gear.
Focus75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2004, 3:40 PM   #8

LowePro Orion Trekker is great - the camera gear fits in the bottom padded compartments and you fit your waterproofs, sandwiches and a beer in the top - Marvellous!
BartonFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2004, 8:39 PM   #9

FWIW, I wound up getting the Lowepro Nova-1 to keep all of the gear stored together. It can hold the cam with the BP400 attached (don't have the BP-400 yet, but planning ahead) and flash. There's room left for misc small stuff.

I probably will get something smaller for just the cam--like one of the TopLoad models for knocking about.
Old Jan 27, 2004, 10:18 AM   #10

Don't do what I did, get one that just fits the camera and a set of batteries. That lasted 3 days untill I realized that the portable charger, ac adapter, extra memory card, filter(s), tabletop tripod, and strap wasn't taken into account!

Big mistake.
videobruce is offline   Reply With Quote