Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jan 15, 2004, 9:56 AM   #1

Default Can Z1 automatically review picture when in viewfinder mode?

I apologize if this has been covered, but I've been searching and reading for a couple of hours now and haven't found this information. I'm seriously considering getting a Z1 and have a little concern about the mirror thing used to switch between LCD and viewfinder. Here is my question:
Can the camera be set to automatically show me the picture I just took for a second or two in the LCD screen if I leave the viewfinder on? I'd like to use the viewfinder to take my shots, then just get a quick view of the shot without having to flip that little switch every time. Is this possible? If not, can it give me the picture review in the viewfinder?
Thanks!
Kim
kimmcannally is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 15, 2004, 10:33 AM   #2

Because of the "mirror solution" You can se the picture only on the selected position. Of course You can change it everytime.
foffodc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2004, 11:35 AM   #3

Ok, so I could hit the QV button and see it in the viewfinder, then, right? The Quickview button won't automatically utilize the "mirror" when I push it? I just don't want to wear the thing out by using the mirror thing every time I take a shot I want to review
Thanks!
Kim
kimmcannally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2004, 2:45 PM   #4

The viewfinder is just a mirrored image! So anything which you can see on the LCD screen, you can see in the viewfinder!
stephendickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2004, 3:30 AM   #5

The only thing which can control mirror of switchfinder is mode switch on the rear side of camera. There is no difference in appeared informations between display and viewfinder. Z1 allows rewiew taken imaqge 0, 2 or 10 second. Rewieving can be interrupted immediately by pressing shutter button.
miro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2004, 11:59 AM   #6

I might be reading this wrong, but never mind.

I usually keep the shutter button depressed after taking the shot, this displays the image in the viewfinder until you release it.

Other than that, you just have to use the switch to flip open the mirror
spikez1 is offline   Reply With Quote