Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Sep 22, 2011, 6:57 PM   #1

Default Dimage 7 overexposure problem

Hello to all!
I've a problem with my Dimage 7 (not 7i or Hi) and if you can, please help me!

First for all, the firmware installed is the v2.01e.
Since a week my camera makes overexposed photos (near to white for outdoor) using program settings.

When I use the camera with A, S, or M mode, I've noticed that the problem is the shutter speed. With S mode and setting it under 0.7" (ie: 0.5"), the photo are very very very overexposed. From 0.7" to 4" it's ok. I've just tested now by taking photo to my monitor using 1/2000 F4.5... It is overexposed!

I've reade many post about this problem in many forums but with no solution.

Is there someone with my same problem and can fix it?

Thank you!
manny_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 22, 2011, 7:14 PM   #2
Administrator

Try resetting the camera back to factory defaults as a first step. Then, see if it's working OK in Programmed Auto type modes in lighting that gives reasonably fast shutter speeds.

You may have changed a setting causing problems (and there's no easy way they can test for every possible combination). But, I'd expect metering problems with your slower shutter speeds (once you get down to around 1 second, you can expect metering to have more issues and be less accurate).

If resetting it back to factory defaults doesn't help, I'd try a different set of fully charged High Capacity NiMH batteries in it and see if that helps anything, as sometimes voltage problems can cause odd issues, and your camera model is a bit particular about batteries (it needs high capacity NiMH batteries to work well).

It's also possible the CCD sensor has an issue. Sometimes you'll see overexposed images with lines going through them when a sensor starts to fail

Here's the screen you'll find the Reset Defaults menu choice on:
Attached Images

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2011, 7:26 PM   #3

Hello,
thank you for reply.
I've just resetted the camera and seem working right now. I'll try tomorrow with daylight (I'm Italian and here is 1:26 am)

Thank you again!
Old Sep 22, 2011, 7:29 PM   #4
Administrator

Great. Wishing you luck with it. Hopefully, it was something simple in the settings causing it and a reset fixed it.

By the way, Welcome to Steve's
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2011, 2:15 AM   #5

Unlucky :-(

The problem persists. Please see images below:

1/90 sec. F3.5 in Program mode

f/180 sec. F6.5 in Manual mod

I've made a little test. Please see this another image:

This picture is a 1/2000 sec time and I move the camera from right to left quite SLOW... Normally at 1/2000 you have difficulty to capture "motion blur".

I insist that the shutter speed have some problem.

Thank you.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 1:58 PM   #6

Ok... I think that is a CCD problem :-(

This iimage is a 15sec exposition and F4.5 night indoor and a fluorescent light.

Any idea?
Old Oct 19, 2011, 5:59 PM   #7

I just ran across this thread, so sorry for the late response. These shots don't really look like the classic CCD problem that these cameras were prone to. My guess is that the shutter is sticking. I wish I knew a way to repair it, but the lens isn't removeable, and access to the shutter requires disassembling the camera from the back.
Your best bet, if you think the camera is worth repairing, is to contact Sony service department. (Sony took over Minolta servicing when they purchased the company)

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote