Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jan 19, 2004, 1:01 PM   #1

Default Dimage XT / Audio lag

I got a Minolta Dimage XT for Christmas, awsome camera for it's size However, I've run into a little problem with the video mode. It seems the audio is a bit out of sync, but playing back on the camera or on my computer. It's nothing serious, as I could just correct it myself, but I was wondering if there was a fix for this, or if others experienced this problem. I will say my first one(I returned it because of a dead pixel) seemed to also have some lag, but I never tested it thoroughly.
The_Other_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 19, 2004, 8:07 PM   #2
Administrator

That's the first I've heard of it on the XT. It is a commonly reported problem on the Z1 (but only at 640x480, 30 frames/second).

What kind of Secure Digital Card are you using? I've seen users report that the Panasonic 512mb SD fixed the problem on the Z1.

Sandisk Cards in larger sizes are the slowest (their Secure Digital Cards over 128mb in size, aren't even considered to be compatible with the Minolta DiMAGE G400 or G500). They are simply too slow to work reliably in some cameras, with the Panasonic cards in larger sizes testing around 5 times as fast.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2004, 10:09 AM   #3

Yeah, I saw that mentioned with the Z1. Seems it wouldn't be a big deal with my camera as it's only 320x240x15FPS(if I remember correctly)

I'm currently using a Panasonic 64M, but plan to upgrade pretty soon. I'll be sure not to get another Sandisk... I have a 256M I use in my PDA. I tried to take a few pics on it, then open them on my PDA, but it wouldn't let me. You have to copy it to the PDA first :? Last Sandisk I buy...
The_Other_One is offline   Reply With Quote