Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Feb 11, 2004, 2:47 AM   #1

Default Stuck Pixel on Dimage A1

Hi guys this is my first post!
I've bought a Dimage A1 and after a photo with a cover cap I've seen that there is a "dead" pixel that remains white.

There is a solution for my "pixel" problem ?

Thanks a lot,
Enrico.
enry68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 11, 2004, 10:14 AM   #2

What shutter speed and ISO did you use? Did you have noise cancellation turned on? WIth long exposures it is possible to get hot pixels. Does this pixel show up in real photos?
browntimdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2004, 1:23 AM   #3

Don't worry too much. I have a cheapie (HP320) that has a plethora of dead pixels on the sensor. They don't affect normal pictures too much - well, not ones that aren't of a black wall anyway. Although I'd be a little p&ssed if I bought something costing as much as the A1 and found it had non responding pixels.

Try for a refund/replacement maybe?!?
Onyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2004, 4:12 AM   #4

Ok gus I will tray to explain you my experience:

I've noted that after 10-15 seconds that the camera is on, both on the EVF and the LCD appear a white pixel, whis the cover cap inserted.

I've also noted that this pixel is viewable only if the camera switch the LCD in Black and White mode, not because it may be hidden but because, is my opinion, is present only in this condition.

Now I've heard rumors about a particual procedure that force the camera to remap bad pixel, is this true ?

Enry
enry68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2005, 2:31 AM   #5

I just sent my Canon S1IS under warranty to get two dead pixels fixed, you can see on some pictures the flaw. Hope it doesn't happen again after the warranty is over.
pagerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2005, 4:07 AM   #6

enry68 wrote:
Quote:
Now I've heard rumors about a particual procedure that force the camera to remap bad pixel, is this true ?

I understand that the A1 and A2 remaps the dodgy pixels themselves about once a month. The procedure you may have heard of is to set your cameras dateforward just over a month or so to fool it in to thinking it is time to get to work at this task.

I haven't tried the date trick myself, but have noticed the occasional bad pixel appear and sometime later it's gone. So it seems to do what it is supposed to.

Hope this helps.

Stevekin.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote