Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Feb 21, 2004, 9:34 AM   #11

and thanks again, and yes when batteries stop work on F200, they still work on X20 and could be used in torch for pretty long(it's matter me previously since after X20 they didn't make lamp in torch bright enough and didn't lasts for too long, I guess X20 better utilize battaties).
Quote:
But still I believe that your F200 should have problem since the hang problem should only come out when the batteries are exhausted
I guess I could say that this is just my case since I never seen lens to hang up before I take at least 70 shots and my indicator show half battery.
sensovision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2004, 10:09 AM   #12

.........And have you ever check batteries after taking them from camera which refuse to work with them, was they dead or alive? .............

.........they still work on X20 and could be used in torch for pretty long(it's matter me previously since after X20 they didn't make lamp in torch bright enough and didn't lasts for too long, I guess X20 better utilize battaties). ............

The thing about most batteries when they discharge, is their internal resistance increases. That's not a problem for torches - the bulb just goes dim! but a battery driving digital switching circuits (micro-processors) needs to supply PEAK PULSE CURRENT POWER.

You can't necessarily find out these properties from a mAh spec. But the more you have to start with, the more likely the internal resistance will be lower as the battery discharges. Although it's rather academic if like most you have to use the AA format, when you compare say an AA bat. with a C or D cell which is physically larger for the same voltage - the max current goes up and internal resistance is lower. Unfortunately, battery life becomes a bit academic in definition too, since the camera may have a high threshold to when it considers a battery unsuitable. That's not the same as saying the battery is dead, flat or discharged.

The common problem is sustained high current loads from dc's. And until Minolta and others can reduce operating current loads to say less than 500mA, or battery manufacturers can design new batteries , this type of problem will continue, Most lcd's and evf's take as much power as the rest of the camera (Except flash).VOX
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2004, 10:18 AM   #13

thanks VOX, I think you've bring more light into my knowledge of how it's all working!
sensovision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2004, 7:26 AM   #14

i've been using minolta f100 since last year and i too havent experienced that kind of problem, the only thing that i can say wid this camera is that its a power hog when i first used a 1300mAh GP batteries not really realising that digital cameras consume lot of power at first. regards.
kronuz is offline   Reply With Quote