Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Feb 17, 2004, 8:21 AM   #1

Default Minolta F series bug?

I recently sold my X20 and got my new Minolta F200 and keep
experiencing same problem: while I'm taking pictures sometimes after
pressing shutter button display goes black, green and orange lamps near viewfinder begin to blink and it keep blinking this way forever, until I turn off the camera and turn it on again, after this everything seems to work fine. First I thought that it's because of low battery, but I guess it's not since I've put fully charged NiMh Energizer
2100Mah, and it's still happen sometimes. I also thought that it's due
a to AF tracking system, but I also get same problem in manual
mode. Anyone expreiencing same problem? if so I would like to know how it could be fixed and what cause this? I have no service center nearby so couldn't go to them, and couldn't send back this camera Any help would be greatly appreciated!
sensovision is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 17, 2004, 10:44 AM   #2

I am also using F200 but don't have your problem ! I suggest you bring it back to the Technical Service to repair if it is still cover by the warranty !

:?
gapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2004, 1:47 PM   #3

if I could only send it to service... it was bought from the shop in based in Ozz, which imported them from CostCo in US... and it has 3 months of warranty but it's very problematic to send things here and there...
but don't you ever had same problems even when batteries power are low? since now I've recharge battery and camera work well for some time... it seems that this problem is power based...
gapman can you tell which brand of batteries and of which capacity you're using?
And do you limiting camera functions in some way e.g. disabling LCD or something?
Thank you for reply!
Old Feb 19, 2004, 10:55 AM   #4

Hi Supervision ! I have both Minolta F100 and F200 and I know that Minolta F-series are pretty picky for the batteries ! I did used both Sanyo, Panasonic and Olympus and Camerlion (These are the brands that selling in Hong Kong !) My experience told me that Panasonic is the best Batteries ! For charger, I know that both Sanyo and Panasonic is quite good ! HOpe this can help you !
Old Feb 19, 2004, 12:48 PM   #5

Im sorry to hear you are having problems, I have never once had the same problem as you describe, so personally doubt it is just a simple case of battery troubles. It sounds to me like you may have a faulty camera.

In reply to your post on the other F200 thread I also have firmware 1.00.

Nicky
NickyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2004, 1:24 PM   #6

thank you once again gapman! I've an update as I've used the camera for 3 days and believe that understand what's wrong...
I've try to fully charge my Energizer and try again and I also bought GP 2100mah, I've done tested shooting and I was able to do 77 photos on GP and 120 on Energizer. So it seems to be good result doesn't it? Although it has somehting with indicator camera shooting only when battery indicator showing full battery, but just after indicator showing half battery things I've described previously start to appear, after pushing shutter camera "hanging up" and lens left extruded... I guess that it could be caused because camera couldn't determine when battery is exhausted and when it should show low battery warning and shut down the camera, what do you think am I right?

By the way I never seend acumulators of brand you've mentioned in the post, the only one avaible here is GP and I luckly find Energizer which seems to work a bit better for me.

Also can you tell me what happen with battery when camera stop working on them, is it really exhausted or it's still usable? since my batteries seems to have a lot of power when camera refuse to work on them.
Old Feb 19, 2004, 1:35 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyG
Im sorry to hear you are having problems, I have never once had the same problem as you describe, so personally doubt it is just a simple case of battery troubles. It sounds to me like you may have a faulty camera.

In reply to your post on the other F200 thread I also have firmware 1.00.

Nicky
thank you Nicky, just spot that you post answer as well, seems that there is no other firmware(I've got this info from support). It's so bad to get faulty camera after waiting for it around one month and probably I couldn't do much about it
Old Feb 20, 2004, 9:51 PM   #8

Hi Sensovision ! the Minolta F-series DC are quite sensitive for the batteries ! Also the batteries indicator on the DC are not very accurate ! Even it shows the batteries is half, it can still use a long time ! In Hong Kong, different user have different experience on their F200 ! Some people said when the batteries is gone, then the F200 will hang up and the lens won't come back ! But for me, I don't have this problem ! Then lens will come back when the batteries are gone ! HOpe this can help you !
Old Feb 21, 2004, 4:12 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gapman
Even it shows the batteries is half, it can still use a long time ! In Hong Kong, different user have different experience on their F200 ! Some people said when the batteries is gone, then the F200 will hang up and the lens won't come back ! But for me, I don't have this problem ! Then lens will come back when the batteries are gone ! HOpe this can help you !
yes Gapman you help me, thank you! you make me worry a bit less since I didn't get responce from support yet, and I thought that this is single case with my camera but if other folks have something like this maybe it's not so bad. Actually my camera could be used, you just need to always keep in mind checking of indicator and see if it showing half of the battery(time when camera start to "hanging up").

What about around 120 pictures for one batteries do you think it's ok?

And have you ever check batteries after taking them from camera which refuse to work with them, was they dead or alive?

Thank you once again!
Old Feb 21, 2004, 9:05 AM   #10

Hi Sensovision ! I think each charge can take about 120 photos is not bad ! But still I believe that your F200 should have problem since the hang problem should only come out when the batteries are exhausted ! About checking the exhausted batteries, I tried it before ! Even you replug the batteries into your F200, it still can't used ! So I believe that the batteries are exhausted ! But for DC only ! If you take your exhausted batteries and plug into a torch, it can still use for some time ! Hope this can help you !