Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Feb 19, 2004, 9:20 AM   #1

Default Filters for a 7hi

Anyone with a 7hi (or 7i) that has a polarizing filter for this camera?
I know there are problems with some filters since even the manual mentions this.

I want to get a UV and circular polarizing filters, but don't want corner image problems at wide angle.
videobruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 19, 2004, 11:59 AM   #2

Get a 49mm to 62mm step up ring and buy 62mm filters...that's what I did and I don't have any probs. I bought 3 Quantaray filters for the price of 2 (current promotion) and even though that brand isn't the best they work well enough for me. I don't think you need a UV filter, though...
doug4117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2004, 10:38 AM   #3

Others seem to lean towards Hoya and B&W filters. Some say that a thin 49mm will work. I really didn't want a step up adapter if I can avoid it.

BTW; Buydig has this camera for $552US delivered!
Old Feb 20, 2004, 12:40 PM   #4

I canít imagine why you would want to get a 7Hi for $552 when you can get an A1 for $60 more.

I have a 49 to 52 mm adapter on my D7i with a Minolta polarizer and have no vignetting. It was equipment I had from my SLR. Evidently there are polarizers that work without the adapter: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...essage=6032094
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2004, 11:46 AM   #5

Who has the A1 for $610?

I have had the camera over 6 weeks now and it was $580 at the time. The A1 was just at or over $700.
The 7hi doesn't have the propritary battery pack that adds more to the overall price with a extra battery!

The kit from Minolta with a UV and CP filter was discontinued, BTW.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 12:45 PM   #6

http://www.digitalmegastore.com/prod...EA102562&com=8 Comes to $603 with shipping and they have good reseller ratings.

The 7Hi is a battery hog and needs the extra set of batteries. Evidently the A1 will fill a 512Mb card with the included battery and maybe a 1Gb card if you shot raw or SHQ.. 342 minutes with the LCD off is a lot of shooting time. I hardly use the LCD on my D7i and that time was measured with the EVF on constantly Ė the eye sensor would probably improve that. http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/A1/A1A11.HTM

The link says you wonít have vignetting problems with the straight 49mm Minolta polarizer, but I would use a step-up ring for anything I wasnít sure of.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote