Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Feb 19, 2004, 9:36 AM   #1

Default Can i remote z1 by computer HELP,HELP

I haved bought a z1 in japan, the guide printed by japaness. I can't read it so i don't know exactly could i remote it by my computer ( use it like webcam ). Every time i plug USBcable into computer , i can't use any button in camera so if i i can't shot and transfer it to computer directly.
I want to have a EnglishGuide too.
Can i Help me.
Thanks for reading
trieubk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 19, 2004, 12:41 PM   #2

1) At www.minolta.com You can download an User Manual in english.

2) Which Windows version are you using? Windows 98 needs new drivers.
foffodc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2004, 8:52 PM   #3

My OS is winXP, i have no problem with detect my camera.i just can't remote camera by my computer( although i have installed all programs accompany the camera)
i think the z1 can use as a webcam because most of digital camera (i have known ) can do it
Thanks
Old Feb 20, 2004, 5:57 AM   #4

Sorry. I missunderstood your problem. For what I know You can't use Z1 directly as webcamera.
I suppose You refer to the possibility to use 640x480 for web use.
Just some of cheapest can be used directly.
foffodc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2004, 6:14 AM   #5

Remember that for webcam use, your resoultion will only be around 640X480. Why run an expensive fully featured digicam, permanently tethered, when the pics you get out won't be much better than using a cheap PC webcam, with less than a 1Mpix sensor??

Now if you're talking about remote control to shoot and transfer full resolution shots for say time lapse, or nature photography - then I'd love something like that if the camera could do it and the control software was pretty cheap!

I'm not sure yet if there is an open standard agreement for camera control - I suspect each manufacturer will try to bring out their proprietary solution and sell the control software as an add-on in 'pro' models, for a high price. VOX
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2004, 6:17 AM   #6

if my camera is Canona70 or other , i can use it as a webcam,take photo and show it directly in the PC'monitor with a special software( accompany with the camera). So i want to know , is there any program for Z1 like this.
Thanks
Old Feb 20, 2004, 7:31 AM   #7

RTM: Here you will also find out how to take good pictures with the camera as well!

http://www.minoltausa.com/eprise/mai.../ManualResults

VOX
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote