Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Feb 19, 2004, 8:26 PM   #1

Default F200 discontinued?

What's up with the F200 - Minolta doesn't even list it on their website. They just show the 100 and 300. Has it been discontinued? Also, shopping for it I mostly find factory refurb units and little other info out there.
jsherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 20, 2004, 4:38 AM   #2

I guess yes, since representatives of Minolta in Ukraine said me that from this year exporting of all F models are stopped into Ukraine...
I've also talk with Minolta support in different countries and seems that F200 wasn't so popular as it should... most people go for megapixels and buy F300 without knowing about all changes and good sides of F200...
sensovision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2004, 9:54 PM   #3

I think Minolta have already stop their production line on the Minolta F-series ! So if you want to buy F-series, you better in hurry ! In my opinion, If you don't need to have a large print, I suggest you buy F200 as it can record unlimited sound movies ! Of course F300 have ISO64, which can produce lower noise photos ! But I personally like F200 more !
gapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2004, 4:06 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gapman
Of course F300 have ISO64, which can produce lower noise photos ! But I personally like F200 more !
Gapman, I've talk with support prior to buying F200 and they said that F200 produce lower noises even on ISO100 simply because F300 and F200 use CCD of the same size although one is 4 and one if 5 megapixels...
Old Feb 21, 2004, 9:06 AM   #5

Oh yes ! You are right, when using the same size CCD, higher megapixels always produce more noise ! But since the price difference for F200 and F300 are so close, so many people still prefer F300 more ! But I like unlimited movies and automatic photo rotation, so I like F200 more !
gapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2004, 9:29 AM   #6

don't forget about zoom control, ibetter flash position which on F100 and F300 could make you blind for some time if you're using viewfinder as previously it was pretty close to viewfinder and some of light getting into viewfinder.