Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Feb 29, 2004, 4:13 PM   #1

Default Compatible G500 cards

Hi I have been looking into digital cameras for a while now. The G500 is on sale at most places and I'm looking to pick one up for $285 at newegg. I know some places have it slightly cheaper, but I have had numerous past experiences with newegg and I love their service. The problem is that I want a 256MB storage capacity and I'm having trouble finding a reliable cheap vender who sells something compatible with this camera. Newegg sells the Simpletech 256MB SD card, but I'm not 100% sure it will work. Does anyone know if it will work with this camera? If not where can I buy a compatible SD card for a good price? Should I just get a 256MB Memory stick? Is the G500 a solid camera choice? I figure for $285 you can't beat it right now.
JaJae is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 29, 2004, 5:55 PM   #2

I have another question. I have heard of people on here saying they can get generic extra batteries for around $11.00. Where could I find one of these and do they work just as well?
Old Mar 3, 2004, 11:38 AM   #3
Administrator

I've seen Minolta G500/Konica KD-510z users post that the Simpletech Standard 256mb SD cards work with this model, so it appears to be compatible (likely using Panasonic components).

As far as batteries, several G500 purchasers that I'm aware of are using the Generic 850mAh DR-LB4 Batteries from www.ebcbattery.com

You can get two on Ebay delivered for under $30.00

Here is an example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=43447

I have seen two users report that these batteries are a tighter fit, which makes sense, since they are rated for more capacity than the standard factory battery -- 820mAh for the factory battery, 850mAh for the Generics. However, other users of these batteries indicate that they fitted fine in their G500.

Note that the Minolta G500 is physically and functionally identical to the Konica KD-510z. The Konica KD-510z uses the Konica DR-LB4 battery. They just gave the camera and battery different model numbers after the Konica-Minolta merger.

Heck, some of the camera reviews I've seen even showed the DR-LB4 battery with the G500 (I think that they initially shipped the Konica labeled DR-LB4 batteries with the G500, before the ones with the Minolta label/part number were available).

Note the battery photos in the camera's review on this page (DR-LB4 shipped with the camera reviewed):

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_..._g500_pg2.html
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2004, 11:11 PM   #4

Thank you for all your help JimC. I've read many of your posts on here as well as other sites. I've viewed your images and webpages. You're the best thing that's happened to my digital camera shopping experience. I'm grateful for all the help you've made available.