Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Mar 22, 2004, 4:36 PM   #1

Default Slow display speed on highest mode

I have a Dimage X and it takes about 10 seconds to display the largest (1600x1200 @ Super fine) image (about 5mb). I'm interested in the new Xg but I don't want a camera that takes 5 minutes to review 30 pictures...

Do any of you Dimage Xx owners have a similar problem?

The tech at Minolta told me to format my SD card but it's the same thing. Even with the original 8MB card that came with the camera...

The manufacture (panasonic) claims 3MB/s read and 1.4MB/s write for the origiona card. I do not feel that at all...
RyoSaeba is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 26, 2004, 6:15 AM   #2

Hi,
I have a X20 and it's really fast, I need less than 1sec to view a 1600x1200 pic. at "fine" quality (is the maximum quality in the X20) and I use still a 128MB MMC not SD (it's from my cell.phone) without any problems, also for video recording at max res.
IMHO this is the best quality/price model in the X series, if you can still find it, buy it, it's so cheap and good! Also for the batteries, they are standard Ni-Mh AA size, and the overall weight is light!
Forget the Xr is worse than Xt! Also X21 is worse than X20... don't ask me why they have produced worse new models, it's also nonsense for me... maybe the new Konica influence in Minolta...? Boh!

Ciao!
lambonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2004, 3:46 PM   #3

Default RTFM. Super fine = TIFF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyoSaeba
I have a Dimage X and it takes about 10 seconds to display the largest (1600x1200 @ Super fine) image (about 5mb). I'm interested in the new Xg but I don't want a camera that takes 5 minutes to review 30 pictures...
RTFM. Super fine = TIFF.

TIFF is simply waste of time and card space - it will gain you practically nothing over low JPEG compression (= fine).
MarkoB is offline   Reply With Quote