Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Apr 2, 2004, 12:53 AM   #1

Default over heat problems

i'm a new register here. ops:
i heard that A2 is over heat when it works.is it really a big problems :?: and is there any other not shortage?
shelley_luo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 3, 2004, 11:05 PM   #2

I haven't had my camera very long and haven't used it for long periods of time yet but so far I haven't noticed any 'overheating'. As with any small electric device there is some warmth as the battery expends energy but barely noticeable to me.
Sbrown712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2004, 10:49 PM   #3

Well the Camera tends to be quite hot but so far haven't used it to the stage the camera shuts down or the anti shake button changes to red color!!
buggy70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2004, 1:17 PM   #4

I've had my A2 for two weeks now and do notice that it gets quite warm around the handgrip area. I think this is due to the Magicstore 2.2GB microdrive that I'm using rather than the camera itself.

Dave
Charon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2004, 9:00 PM   #5

In the D7/A series cameras, the handgrip acts as a heat sink, so getting *warm* is normal.

Declan
amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2004, 11:07 PM   #6

Wel what "amazingthailand" said is EXACTLY what KM told me when I sent my camera to the service centre

Well KM knew that this is going to be a pretty hot piece of equipment. See their respective user manuals :

Dimage A2 and A1:
Page 7 - "The camera, charger, and battery temperature rises with extended periods of use. Care should be taken to avoid burns."

Page 166 - "The camera, charger, and battery temperature rises with extended periods of use. Care
should be taken to avoid burns."

Dimage 7:
Page 146 - "The camera temperature rises with extended periods of use. Care should be taken to avoid burns when handling the camera, batteries, or memory card.

Page 6: "The camera temperature rises with extended periods of use. Care should be taken to avoid burns."

As long as the D7/Ax doesn't emits any strange odor, heat, or smoke you should be pretty safe.
buggy70 is offline   Reply With Quote