Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Apr 6, 2004, 2:58 AM   #1

Default Dimage Xt/Xg - side door, metal or plastic?

In all the reviews I've seen for the Xt they say the camera case is all metal. What about the door to the card/battery compartment on the side? In pictures it looks metal but I looked at an Xg at the store and the door appeared to be plastic and felt flimsy. Am I correct that this is a plastic door? And if so, did the Xt also have a plastic door? Xt/Xg owners, how do you feel about the construction of this door in general? Thanks.
denomolos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 15, 2004, 11:20 PM   #2

Default Re: Dimage Xt/Xg - side door, metal or plastic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by denomolos
In all the reviews I've seen for the Xt they say the camera case is all metal. What about the door to the card/battery compartment on the side? In pictures it looks metal but I looked at an Xg at the store and the door appeared to be plastic and felt flimsy. Am I correct that this is a plastic door? And if so, did the Xt also have a plastic door? Xt/Xg owners, how do you feel about the construction of this door in general? Thanks.
I've had a Dimage X, Xi, and now XT

I've seen the dor of an XG in the store and I reckon the door looks stronger then ever it seem to be reinforced on the inside and the plastic dividing the battery and SD card looks slightly thicker.
DeeInLondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2004, 4:35 AM   #3

Default Re: Dimage Xt/Xg - side door, metal or plastic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by denomolos
Xg owners, how do you feel about the construction of this door in general?
I have to admit that the Bat/Card catch is quite flimsy & vey lose whe open & closed & even tho its got a metal finish i recon its plastic as it so light & dosnt feel cold to the touch

You can definatly see where they saved money on the latest X model
Japair is offline   Reply With Quote