Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Apr 9, 2004, 12:56 PM   #1

Default handling of the minolta a2 camera

is the camera comfortable to hold and easy to use?
israelmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 9, 2004, 3:51 PM   #2

I haven't had mine very long but the feel of the camera was one of the things that I liked about it. Nice weight, good size and easy to hold.
Sbrown712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2004, 8:45 PM   #3

it is identical body to the A1. i have an A1 and it is extremely comfortable to operate. if you wish to add a vertical release it is possible via a optional grip assy. this will also allow you to use either 1 or 2 of its propriatary battery packs or i believe 6 AA nimh batteries. it cost about $100. currently on the market it is still the only digicam that actually has the feel and most of the functions of an SLR type camera. its a nice camera. it complements my 1Ds to an extent.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2004, 7:42 AM   #4

In this sight, it's the best you can find. But not to forget, it fits in my hands! So, with all cameras, go to a shop and look if YOU feel comfortable!
Helmut
helmut-online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2004, 1:35 PM   #5
rdd

Default Re: handling of the minolta a2 camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by israelmay
is the camera comfortable to hold and easy to use?
I've had an A2 for about a week now.
The answer to your question depends on what you're used to.
My experience is in SLR's (mainly old MF Pentax) and a tiny Canon Ixus (Elph).

It't not as comfortable (in my opinion) to hold as a small Pentax SLR - but it is smaller and lighter then the comparable lens combination.

It's more comforatble than the Ixus - but really a middle of the road point and shoot (Canon A70 etc.) is more comfortable.

As to is it easy to use - that depends. Stick the dial on Auto, or "P" and its easy - but if that's all you're going to do then get something else.
This camera bristles with features - and you need to keep on reading the manual and using the camera before it all becomes second nature.

My feelings about this camera started very postively - for about a day - then I started thinking I'd made the wrong choice. Now I've gone back through the manual, made a few adjustements to the profiles, got to grips with the focusing and I'm beginning to like the camera again. But I'm still learning - and will be for a few weeks yet!
rdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2004, 5:09 PM   #6

Default tnx

tnx everybody for taking time to answer my question
israelmay is offline   Reply With Quote