Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Apr 17, 2004, 8:31 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSNK
I have successfully import movies with the sound using PowerDirector by Cyberlink. You can download a free 30 day trial of the software from www.gocyberlink.com. I have been playing with this software for a couple of weeks and while it doesn't have many bells and whistles, it is very fast at encoding mpeg2.
RSNK,

Thanks! I downloaded the demo from http://www.gocyberlink.com/english/p....jsp?ProdId=45 and was able to sucessfully export to mpeg format while preserving the audio. Can the full version export to Windows Media Video?

This gives me hope. I'm not sure I will spend $80 on yet another video editing program (I already have four or five), but it's good to know that what I want to do is possible on a Windows computer.

Maybe Arcsoft, Pinnacle, and or Sony will patch their programs.

Thanks again for posting,

-Carl
prometheus32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2004, 4:18 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by prometheus32
Can the full version export to Windows Media Video?
I do not believe so. As far as I know the trail software is the same as the full version with a few limits on time for certain features.
RSNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2004, 6:24 PM   #13

Just another note on powerdirector 3. If you look on Ebay you can get just the CD for the program (no manual) from several sellers for around $5. This appears to be an OEM version of the software but it should be fully functional at least in it's abiltiy to capture and render movies.
Old Apr 17, 2004, 7:48 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSNK
Just another note on powerdirector 3. If you look on Ebay you can get just the CD for the program (no manual) from several sellers for around $5. This appears to be an OEM version of the software but it should be fully functional at least in it's abiltiy to capture and render movies.
Again, thank you for your very helpful post.

Konica-Minolta should make you president of their PR department!
Old Apr 24, 2004, 1:37 PM   #15

Default Editing Movies

I ordered a copy of PowerDirector from eBay. Unfortunatly, as I feared they shipped the "bundled" version which seemed to have no import capabilities for ANY Quicktime files.

I purchased the "upgrade" to the full version and now everything works. It's not the most sophisticated program, but it edits the Z2 videos and produces nice output in a wide variety of formats (including Windows Media)

So, nearly $60 later, I can now do what I wanted to do with my Z2.

I'm glad their was a solution, but I encourage Konica-Minolta to address this issue before it affects perceptions of this camera.
Old Apr 24, 2004, 9:35 PM   #16

Default Re: Editing Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by prometheus32
I ordered a copy of PowerDirector from eBay. Unfortunatly, as I feared they shipped the "bundled" version which seemed to have no import capabilities for ANY Quicktime files.
Strange, if you check the readme file under the section 'Power Director 3 version', all versions including OEM seem to support importing of quicktime video. (.mov)
Old Apr 25, 2004, 7:50 AM   #17

Default Re: Editing Movies

Quote:
Strange, if you check the readme file under the section 'Power Director 3 version', all versions including OEM seem to support importing of quicktime video. (.mov)
Yes. I emailed Cyberlink a question about that statement in their readme and the fact that my copy did not import QT files, but received no response. That makes three out of three companies who did not reply to an email request for information (submitted through their online support systems).

One email to Cyberlink was even a question about ordering their software!
Old Apr 27, 2004, 8:40 PM   #18

Default Firmware Update Resolves Issue

The new v102 firmware update resolves the problem of the Dimage Z2's Quicktime movies not exporting with sound intact when using the bundled Arcsoft video software.

Here's the link:
http://www.minoltausa.com/eprise/mai...name=DiMAGE_Z2 (click on the "software" link)

I can now highly recommend this camera. Just apply the firmware update and enjoy the high res, high-tech goodness!

Thank you Minolta!
Old Apr 28, 2004, 10:31 AM   #19

Default Powedirector did not work but MEMORIESonTV DID!

I have and just attempted using PowerDirector 3 and unfortunately it read the .mov file created by my Z2 but once written as a mpeg .avi or .wmv MY AUDIO was lost. Whomever had success with this program would you let us know how? However I was able to get a fantastic decent quality mpeg with a surprisingly fairly low file size with the program MemoriesOnTv! I believe it only creates a mpeg and not .avi or .wmv but at least you can get the mpeg with AUDIO: Forgive me I wasn't aware of the post above me! THANK YOU VERY MUCH prometheus32!

Here: http://www.picturetotv.com/
myotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2004, 11:45 AM   #20

Default New Findings

RE AUDIO movie problem: Ok I just checked my Firmware in my 2day old Z2. I have the latest 1.02 firmware so I did not have to install the firmware update above. My Arcsoft software which came with the camera worked with one exception: when I attempted to create transform the z2 .mov file into a (mpeg1) via ArCSoft the resulted movie it made ended up in a LANDSCAPE movie (wide but not tall) and was distorted but it did have the sound. All other formats worked Great ESPECIALLY (.wmv) I Created a 320x240 30 FPS 21 second long movie at the highest .wmv quality in Arcsoft VI2 and its size was only: 1.78 MB (1,874,936 bytes) the quality easily rivaled the quicktime movie which was 12.3 MB. In ArcSoft VI2 after opening file do: PRODUCE-Settings (under Disk) change the default from 28.8 k (which produces an ugly low quality video) to selection Video for Broadband 768k and you will get the great quality relatively small file. THE ONLY SAD THING is that FYI the Z2 has the WEBCAM function disabled on this camera unlike some of their lower cost digitals. OH ya I still lack the audio using Powerdirector3 despite my firmware being at the 1.02 latest level but at least the ArcSoft works and I like the results Hope I have helped for you all have helped me for I now have no intentions of returning the camera as I had orginally.. THANKS to you and STEVE's Digicams. :lol:
myotis is offline   Reply With Quote