Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Apr 28, 2004, 7:22 PM   #21

Default Re: myotis post

myotis,

It seems strange that you were not able to render video with audio using PowerDirector 3. That was the one program that rendered video with audio both before and after the firmware update. Are you using a bundled or retail version? Perhaps there is a patch on the cyberlink website (www.gocyberlink.com).

I'd be interested to know if you can resolve this issue and render video with the audio intact using PowerDirector 3. In any case, at least VideoImpression 2 works.

Please post what you find out.

Thanks.
prometheus32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2004, 12:23 PM   #22

Yes I agree it is strange, I was using the latest trial software from them. I will let you know thanks. BTW there is a potential problem in movie mode in high res and high fps with many SD memories. Can anyone recommend a brand that should work with all movies with this camera. My local walmart only has the LEXAR and KODAK SD cards at 256mb. One thing I am noticing sadly is that when I speak quickly during movie mode in either at 30fps in 640 or 380 inside or outside (even tried night mode) my audio LAGS behind the video slightly is anyone else having this problem or is it that digicam movies just are not quite there yet..
myotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2004, 4:50 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by myotis
Yes I agree it is strange, I was using the latest trial software from them. I will let you know thanks. BTW there is a potential problem in movie mode in high res and high fps with many SD memories. Can anyone recommend a brand that should work with all movies with this camera. My local walmart only has the LEXAR and KODAK SD cards at 256mb. One thing I am noticing sadly is that when I speak quickly during movie mode in either at 30fps in 640 or 380 inside or outside (even tried night mode) my audio LAGS behind the video slightly is anyone else having this problem or is it that digicam movies just are not quite there yet..
myotis,

I am using a 256 mb Lexar 32x SD card and have tested video mode in both [email protected] and [email protected] by filling the card fully with video. The problem you mention did not appear with this Lexar memory.

I have noticed the audio sych problem you mention and just called it "good enough" for movies captured from a digital camera. I agree it would be better if the video and audio had perfect synchronization.
prometheus32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2004, 9:26 AM   #24

prometheus32 I can't thank you enough for your feedback. At least I know the camera is working. I just sold my one month old Kodak dx4530 on ebay for around $200 enabling me to buy the Z2. The movie on the Kodak is only 15 fps max but it did slightly better with the audio video recording synchronization. I got the Z2 hoping it would be the same or better. Oh well. In a review I read of the z2 a pre-production model had a lot of purple fringing. Usually this is often on night shots in digicams. I noticed a little extra pink and purple on many of my photos but that was because I was scrutinizing it but it is still there. I guess I just have to consider the entire camera for nothing else with a 10x optical zoom and a large movie mode can be had in this pricerange. I paid $360 at butterflyphoto. Be weary of them tho my camera was shipped by them with no shipping packing peanuts or airbags and the smaller Z2 box was just placed in a larger box and surely bounced around during shipment. THANK's again myotis
myotis is offline   Reply With Quote