Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Apr 11, 2004, 8:24 PM   #1

Default z1 Error

I have had a z1 since christmas along with a sandisk 256mb SD card. Never had any problems until recently. When the card gets to about 180mb full or so the camera will not write to it anymore.

The camera if its taking a picture will flash the red led that indicates the picture is being written but will continue til flash until the camera shuts itself off. If a movie is being recorded the screen will go black and then a System error message is displayed and the camera shuts off.

Any ideas what could cause something like this? Ive tried formatting the card in several different ways but nothing seems to work.

TIA
rizeabuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 11, 2004, 9:30 PM   #2

Default Re: z1 Error

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizeabuv
I have had a z1 since christmas along with a sandisk 256mb SD card. Never had any problems until recently. When the card gets to about 180mb full or so the camera will not write to it anymore.

The camera if its taking a picture will flash the red led that indicates the picture is being written but will continue til flash until the camera shuts itself off. If a movie is being recorded the screen will go black and then a System error message is displayed and the camera shuts off.

Any ideas what could cause something like this? Ive tried formatting the card in several different ways but nothing seems to work.

TIA
I've heard of this happening farily frequently with 256 mb Sandisk SD cards. See link below:

http://secure.newegg.com/app/Custrat...tem=20-180-600
prometheus32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2004, 9:03 AM   #3

It sounds to me like it's more of a card error rather than a problem with the camera. I can think of two ways to check:
1. Try a different card in your camera and see if it does the same thing.

2. Try the same card in someone else's camera.

Just out of curiosity, does the tiny printing on the back of that card say that it was made in either Taiwan or China?
gadgetnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2004, 11:46 AM   #4

Yea it does say made in china actually.
rizeabuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2004, 12:46 PM   #5

I've read about problems with SD cards which were made in Taiwan and China. It seems there can be reliability issues with many of them. Supposedly, the best cards to get are the ones which are made in Japan. With many brands, you have no way of knowing untill after you've bought the card, opened it, and read the back. One safe bet is to buy Panasonic cards because they are all made in Japan. Hope this helps.
gadgetnut is offline   Reply With Quote