Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Apr 14, 2004, 2:33 AM   #1

Default Need technical details on Z1&Z2 ring adapter

I need ring adapter for my Z2: ZCA-100 (the one which let you to attach 52mm filters). I have found, that those original costs a lot (3 times more that those from other manufacturers). So I need more technical info about this adapter ring so I can search for equivalent from other manufacturers (I am not going to spent so much on such simple thing. It costs 35$ in our country).
Especially need info about the length, diameter, helixes and so on...

Thank you.
Rayfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 14, 2004, 1:40 PM   #2

I bought one on Ebay with the name "Bower" stamped on it that works just like the Minolta one. There are a number of 45 to 52 mm adapter tubes being sold on Ebay with prices ranging from $8.99 to $17.99. They are advertised as being compatible with the Z1.
Puck M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2004, 2:46 PM   #3

Thank you for your information. Really appreciate it.
Old Apr 19, 2004, 12:08 AM   #4

I received my Minolta wide angle converter lens on Friday which comes with the Minolta adapter tube. There is no functional difference between the Minolta one and previous one I bought which has a Bower lable. Same size, color, quality, etc. I hope you were able to find one at a reasonable price.
Puck M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2004, 2:46 AM   #5

Thank you.

Unfortunately in my country it is a problem to get a non-original adapter ring for Z1/Z2. It seems they have a lot of non-original stuff for more expensive cameras (Canon EOS 300D, Nikonů.), but nothing for my Z2.
I will try to look for it later (it is not an urgent case at the moment).

Also I think I can try to make one by myself, but I need more technical info. Please, could you measure the length (whole, then from tight end to the beginning of the wide part) of the ring adapter and provide any other info you think is important? If you can make a drawing of this adapter with all dimensions, it would be great.

I appreciate your help. Thank you once more. (Sorry for my poor English)

[email protected]