Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Apr 23, 2004, 11:25 PM   #1

Default Flash indicator

Is it me, &/or mebbe I just havent read thru the A2 manual enough times yet, but I havent found an indicator of some kind which comes on to say 'Too Dark, pop up the flash, dummy'. . . .. .

.. . seems that if you dont pop it up manually before a too-dark shot the A2 will just go straight into a long non-flash exposure . .. . ... I know, I know, I ortrer have the smarts to KNOW when to pop it up, but these 'modern' cameras have been spoiling me for SO long now that I forget such basics .. . .

Ta ops:

BrooC
BrooC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 23, 2004, 11:41 PM   #2

lower left hand quadrant of your screen a hand symbol that looks like its shaking. with anti shake on blue is ok if you squeeze the shutter half waway to set thr AF and it turns yellow you might want to pop up the flash. then it will remain blue. it should coinside with the AF beep.
Blue- OK
Yellow- light it up
with antishake off the symbol will not show at all if its ok. it will show up white when a flash us strongly suggested.

the modern almost !/4" thick manual tells you alot about the camera too including such tidbits about the flash.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2004, 12:35 AM   #3

Ta, I had assumed gthat the would be some such interpretation in there someplace ~ once ya had been up 'n down the learning curve a few times . .. . . .. .. . there are a bunch of useful shortcuts & tricks etc on the A2, I just have to go thru the book one more time now & mebbe write me some 'notations' on how/where to find things. . . . or how to 'interpret' things, like your explanation on the hand-shake colour being the clue to flash-requirement.

Cheers
BrooC :idea:
BrooC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2004, 9:48 AM   #4

enjoy the new toy
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote