Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Sep 4, 2002, 12:08 AM   #1

Default Minolta Dimage 7i Memory Problem

I just got a new Dimage 7i and I'm having a strange problem. I loaded in my Kingston 256MB Compact Flash card. I take several pictures, then go do download them into my PC, and I can only get the first 8... the remaining pictures are indicated as corrupted, even though when I put the card back in the camera I can still see them. I tried reformatting the card in the camera... same results. I've used this same card countless times with my Kodak DX3900. Any help?
bergnerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 4, 2002, 1:04 AM   #2

how are you downloading them?
camera direct or through a card reader?

if your going through the camera try a cf card reader and see what happens.

there might be a timing problem between the camera and the card controller for downloading. this is not uncommon.

the reader is faster too.

[Edited on 9-4-2002 by sjms]
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2002, 11:30 PM   #3

Very odd... I was using a card reader. Then, I took the card that wouldn't read in the card reader, inserted it into a PCMCIA adapter, and it read like a champ into my work laptop--plus, I can still see the photos in the camera. So it's definitely not the card itself.

I tried another round of shots this evening and the card read just fine on the reader that was giving me problems last night... but the odd thing is, that as it read the first 8 photos, it read them at a speed that I'm used to (about 2 sec. per 2MB photo)... then, when it got to photo 9, where it choked last night, it downloaded the pictures at about 3 per second. I thought it was a botched download until I looked and saw them all there.

Very odd...
bergnerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2002, 12:48 AM   #4

that a good thing keep me posted. this is interesting.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2002, 5:58 AM   #5
NHL

Try to download from the camera USB. If it also works everything is pointing to your card reader... It could also be the driver for the card reader, unless it's driverless, but you didn't mention which OS you're using... Are you going through a hub/long cables?
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2002, 2:15 PM   #6

i guess u use windows 98. i had the same problem with win98. change to win2000, it is OK now.
zhu001 is offline   Reply With Quote