Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Sep 4, 2002, 8:03 PM   #1

Default Collect Firmware's at FTP

Just subscribed to this forum.

I'm collecting the payed firmware's of Minolta on a FTP. If there is a download of the firmware or a link or email. React here.

I put them on a FTP connected at the backbone in The Netherlands. I've a few CO-located servers there.

Last month i did the same for the VDO-Dayton Firmware upgrade and the Navtech Navigation CD's of whole Europe.

For now, connect anonymous to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to download the day's hottest.

PS. Offcourse i have a Minolta Dimage 7 Myself. So i try to get the upgrade myself also.

[Edited on 9-5-2002 by steve]
roeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 5, 2002, 10:07 AM   #2

If I understand correctly you want to distibute the Dimage 7 version 2 firmware upgrade. Sorry but it's not legal to distribute copyrighted software and I'm sure Steve doesn't appreciate you advertising that fact here. I didn't like paying for the upgrade either but that doesn't make software piracy right or legal.
padeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2002, 10:20 AM   #3

I don't want to legalise it and it's not my meaning to sell anything. In The Netherlands we've a word: "gedogen" ("tolerate"). I just want to make it easy for a selected group of users (the freaks) to obtain a free copy.
roeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2002, 10:48 AM   #4

in my part of the world it's called respect for intellectual property. to tolorate such actions goes against what morals i hold and respect.

the actions you take shows your lack morals.

modified due to poor statement.

[Edited on 9-5-2002 by sjms]

[Edited on 9-5-2002 by sjms]
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2002, 2:25 PM   #5

We don't tolerate theft here. Not only because it's unethical and illegal but because it could jeopardize this website.
padeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2002, 2:48 PM   #6
Administrator

Thanks fellas for looking out for our best interests. I have x'd out his ftp address.

We do NOT promote the theft of anything, especially firmware code or software applications. Minolta is selling that firmware at a very reasonable price, it is not available for download from anywhere legally - to do otherwise is theft, plain and simple and we do not condone that type of activity here.

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2002, 11:09 AM   #7

Geez. I love this guy's logic. "I just want to make it available" to those who want it.

We call this theft, no?
monsieurms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2002, 11:46 PM   #8

Working for a software company that sells in the Neatherlands I know that they do not allow theft of software and will inforce the law. If this joker does put this up on the FTP site we need to report this to Minolta so they can take action.

I think Minolta is doing a fantasic service by offering updates to the D7. I wish Canon would upgrade the G1 ( I would even pay for a bug fix for the WB). I hope that Minolta keeps up this practice.

I think this should not only go for this theif but all others we find. We need to report violations to Minolta.

Ed
eshropshire is offline   Reply With Quote