Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jun 5, 2004, 2:36 PM   #11

MrE wrote:
Quote:
thanks puck, what a stupid design I cant believe that shadow. I think I'll give this gizmo a big miss untill its peanuts to buy. All I wanted was to put a UV filter on the cam, you think they would have come up with something better :-(

Ah well, thanks for uping the pics :-)
If all you want is a UV filter, that is no problem. Just get the Minolta zca-100 adapter tube or a generic one andput a 52mm UV filter on it. That does not cause any problems. It's just that big wide angle add on lens that causes the shadow problem. You can find both adapter tubes on ebay - the Minolta for about $15 and the generic one for about $9. Of course, you'd also need to buy the filter. To me this makes sense because it gives additional protection to the lens assembly. With it on, the camera won't fit in the snug case though. I bought a small padded camera bag from Ritz Camera. It has space for the camera, the cables, extra memory cards and extra batteries. I can even get a mini tripod in there too.It makes a neat little package.

Edit: I added a picture of the Z1 in its little camera bag. You can see the zca-100 tube with its UV filter attached.
Attached Images

Puck M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2004, 5:09 AM   #12
MrE

Excellent darts puck. Thats what I will do, my case is big enough to take the add on lens. I can't find the adaptor anywhere in the UK, looks like I will have to order it from the USA ie amazon.com (when they get it back in stock). What UV filter do you recommend puck? Without a doubt your right this addon makes sense because it gives additional protection to the lens assembly, and thats what I want :-) Thanks again for your time, and taking the time to up some pics :-) Cheers, its well appreciated

ps have you got a link to a generic one, just so I can see what it looks like, as they may have that one in stock somewhere in the UK :-) thanks.
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2004, 10:16 AM   #13

MrE wrote:
Quote:
What UV filter do you recommend puck? - MOST ANY 52 MM UV OR SKYLIGHT FILTER WITH GOOD QUALITY OPTICALGLASS WILL DO -WHATEVER YOUR LOCAL CAMERA SHOP HAS. IT'S MAIN FUNCTION IS TO PROTECT THE LENS.
Quote:
ps have you got a link to a generic one, just so I can see what it looks like, as they may have that one in stock somewhere in the UK - I SENT YOU A PM WITH A LINK TO ONE ON EBAY.
Puck M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2004, 11:48 AM   #14
MrE

Thanks puck, your a star :-)
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2004, 6:35 PM   #15

Thanks for posting these pictures,it is definitely not worth getting one with the amount of indoor shots I would need it for.. Will just get an adaptervia E Bay and a UV lens for protection as was my original intention before I got sidetracked !

happy snapping

Lizzy
kathmandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2004, 9:11 AM   #16

If you don't want to fork out for a wide angle lens. (I don't ! ) Take two successive shots panning with the camera and then use Elements 2 panaorama feature to seamlessly stitch 'em together. We have had fun featuring the same person at two different ends of thesame photo !!

I am from the UK too and wanted an ev or polarising filter but even shops who sell this camera don't stock the large adaptor ring needed for the filter.

Where did everyone else ( UK) get their filteradaptor ring ?

Thanks for any info

Kay
Kayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2004, 9:35 AM   #17

Hi

I got mine last week from EBAY. I got just the adapter alone - a generic one - total (inc. postage) approx £6.50 or £$13 - took 5 days to get here from Singapore. Fits perfectly, silver finish and have just bought a good skylight filter from Jessops for £10, now feel safe when it is swinging around my neck as I chase my children !

Altneratively you can get them from EBAY includingthe UV filter, however, I would not trust the lens as being as good quality as the hoya from Jessops, hence just buying the adpator on its own, so I could choose an appropriate filter.

Hope this helps

Happy shooting

Lizzy

kathmandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2004, 10:48 AM   #18

Thanks Kathmandu

I will have a hunt around on Ebay.

Kay
Kayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2004, 10:26 AM   #19

Has anyone got any handheld 10x zoom shots they can show me. I'm thinking about getting a Z2when i can get the cash together. I'll get it in town though just in case i have any problems then i can just get it exchanged for another quickly. I've read of a couple of potential problems with this camera lately such as the viewfinder getting stuck and the sound lag in movie mode. How many of you Z2 users have experienced any of these problems, are they just isolated incidents ?. Thanks. :-)
jackrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2004, 5:21 PM   #20

I have had my Z2 for a couple of months now. The problems I have experienced include:

1) Low light focusing (common to many digital camera)

2) Blurred photos because of camera shake (few cameras have stablizing built in)

3) Video sound lag (1/4 second not that noticable can be fix after the fact)

While I have used thelcd switch hundreds of times I have never had a problem with it. It seemsto be problem on only an extremely few faulty cameras.

Overall I am very pleased with camera and its versatility. My favourite features are: the 10x zoom, the macro modes, the 640 and 800 video modes, the progressive shooting mode, andthe UHS 10 frames per second mode. The UHS mode is great for freezing my son's baseball pitch.

Kilbride is offline   Reply With Quote